Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

LF&C Trench knife?

Article about: Is this piece legit? The seller is asking 125 but it looks like it never had a blade before... I may offer \\$100 if this is real! Thanks for looking!

?

Default LF&C Trench knife?

Is this piece legit? The seller is asking 125 but it looks like it never had a blade before... I may offer $100 if this is real! Thanks for looking!

Default Re: LF&C Trench knife?

I think it may be a Japanese fake, one of the older ones as they're getting better nowadays.

Here's a genuine one, note the differences in the quality, the handle finish, the shaping around the knuckle holes and the more practical crossguard. Also the lettering, the ampesand is completely different in shape and the spacing of the letters and numbers is noticably different. I know that there are several variations on the original type due to different tooling, but this one imo is a repro, and the fact that it's unfinished is another red flag as far as i'm concerned. Genuine versions with blade and scabbard can easily go for over $1000.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LF&C Trench knife?   LF&C Trench knife?  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Ned ,I do not like what I see.
    chris

?

Darn, better catch the next train then, that one just crashed. Thanks Ned!

?

I'd also go with repro look at the difference in the knuckles to the example provided

?

I mean, I had my doubts but... it's just i've never dealt with these, ever...
    Eventually, it'll happen

Quote by jonobo View Post
    Darn, better catch the next train then, that one just crashed. Thanks Ned!
    No problem Jono, just noticed it was you, hope you're doing O.K. mate!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.