Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Knife Collection

Article about: Jeeezzz.......You 'both' have terrific collections!! Really nice. Ron

Default My Knife Collection

Hello Fellas, Happy New Year!
    I am posting my Knife collection for what it is. My main hobby is Bayonets but I have accumulated a small knife collection over the years some I have shown on other posts but I have bought some since.
    I listed my 1917 Knuckle knife and US Bolo Knife, I have since bought another one of each made by different manufacturers to the other two.
    The Knucle knife is by LF &C and the Bolo Knife is an earlier model with a Catch on the handle behind the cross guard, This one is stamped SA.
    The odd one out is the knife in the presentation box.
    My parents bought this for me as a welcome home present when I left the hospital upon my return from the Falklands in 1982. It is inscribed with my Regimental motto "Utrinque Paratus" Ready for Anything.
    As you can see there are a mixture of manufactured knives Kabars,M3, USN Mk1&2, Cut down bayonet trench knives, Fallschirmjager/Fleiger Kappmessers from WW2 to the present.
    I hope you enjoy them comments welcomed we can always learn.
    Remember "Every Day Is A School Day" We only stop learning when we put on our wooden overcoat

All the best

Jim

The item in the presentation box with Arnhem 94 on it is a souvenir from a piece of equipment,anyone guess what it is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Knife Collection   My Knife Collection  

My Knife Collection   My Knife Collection  

?

Default Re: My Knife Collection

Hi Jim.

Nice set of knives that you have there mate.
    As regards the "guess the item", I am assuming that it is something to do do with a parachute rig, possibly a section of rigging line, bearing in mind the date "Arnhem 94" that is on it.
    Would I be correct in assuming that you did the 50th Anniversary jump and that this a section of the rigging lines from your 'chute on that day?

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Hello Ian,
    Nice one mate. Yes I jumped in for the 50th both for Normandy and Arnhem. I have the other "Final Tie" as well.
    This is part of the Parachute which is the final tie to the aircraft and static line. It is attached to the Apex Hole by a small piece of Paracord with a breaking strain of 150LB. Once the canopy is fully extended this snaps and the Parachutist is free of the aircraft.
    By the way nice user name, I was the Platoon Sergeant for the Machine Gun Platoon in 2 Para for a while.

Regards

Jim

?

Quote by Paratrooper View Post
    Hello Ian,
    Nice one mate. Yes I jumped in for the 50th both for Normandy and Arnhem. I have the other "Final Tie" as well.
    This is part of the Parachute which is the final tie to the aircraft and static line. It is attached to the Apex Hole by a small piece of Paracord with a breaking strain of 150LB. Once the canopy is fully extended this snaps and the Parachutist is free of the aircraft.
    By the way nice user name, I was the Platoon Sergeant for the Machine Gun Platoon in 2 Para for a while.

Regards

Jim
    Hi Jim

Thanks for that mate. Nice piece of memorabilia.

Im not jump qualified myself, never have been able to see the point of jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft myself But my brother WAS jump qualified and got his wings, he was 1DWR, but for some reason felt the need to do P-Company and get the wings! But then again, he always was an adrenaline junkie

I was in the TA infantry at the time of our little "fracas" in the Sth Atlantic, as the platoon radio operator in my battalions SF Platoon, I also qualified as an SF fire controller at "sunny" Salisbury at the "delightful" West Down Camp, which I am sure that you are aquainted with. (7 days course, the rain was horizontal for 6 of them AND I got TWO run-aways on my qualification shoots I was NOT amused.
    No prizes for guessing that the SASC SM was standing behind me with our Brigadier, (Brig' Aries), when it happened the second time, that was the quickest that I ever did a barrel change and strip down in 8 years service........Oh happy days

Jimpy has stuck as a nickname ever since

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: I would love a de-act GPMG with a complete SF kit, unfortunately, even if I could afford one, the wife has already said that I cant have one
    Last edited by jimpy; 01-17-2011 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Addition

?

Very Nice!
    Some I know, some I have no idea.
    But have to ask about the one in the sixth picture, fifth from the left.
    Would love to hear more info and see it unsheathed?

Great collection! I love the collection of gravity knives.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Very Nice!
    Some I know, some I have no idea.
    But have to ask about the one in the sixth picture, fifth from the left.
    Would love to hear more info and see it unsheathed?
    Hello mate,
    Thanks, the knife you asked about is a war souvenir brought back fron the middle East by a Parachute Regiment soldier, I will post some photos of iy.

regards

Jim

I like them all, especially the US-M3's and PAL RH36's and also the two
    British 'survival knives' - first photo, second row from right, center.
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice large collection of military knives !
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Nice large collection of military knives !
    Thanks Steve,
    There is another Survival knife next to them in a scabbard, That was my own one hence the cam.

regards

Jim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast