Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help! German 1871/98 Clauberg Bayonet

Article about: Hello, I have a 1871/98 German Bayonet that I currently have on Ebay that ends Sunday Aug 4th. The bayonet has markings for the 233 Reserve Infantry Regiment, Company 5. I am trying to find

Default Need Help! German 1871/98 Clauberg Bayonet

Hello, I have a 1871/98 German Bayonet that I currently have on Ebay that ends Sunday Aug 4th. The bayonet has markings for the 233 Reserve Infantry Regiment, Company 5. I am trying to find out some information on the Regiment that I can add to my posting.
    Need Help! German 1871/98 Clauberg BayonetNeed Help! German 1871/98 Clauberg BayonetNeed Help! German 1871/98 Clauberg Bayonet
    Thanks,
    Greg

?

Default Re: Need Help! German 1871/98 Clauberg Bayonet

What was actually your Q-n ?

He wants extra info on the Regt in order to help his sale.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The 233rd Reserve is not listed in any of the references that I have at hand, I have found the 232nd in the 107th Division and 234th in the 51st Reserve Division but no 233rd. Your best source will be Histories of Two Hundred and Fifty-One Divisions of the German Army Which Participated in the War (1914 - 1918). It is available on line at:

Histories of two hundred and fifty-one divisions of the German army which participated in the war (1914-1918)

If it was an active regiment it will be there but be prepared to take a long time finding it.

You have a rare bayonet and further information about it's service issue would be interesting but, due to it's scarcity, will likely not raise the final price by much if at all. You already have good information in your listing and your starting price is more than reasonable to get things started. Many dedicated collectors search for years before finding one, they don't come up for sale very often.

It's on my "watch list" but collecting money is tight right now so..... *sigh*

Thank you for the information! I checked out the link you sent and it looks like it was part of the 51st. I will take your advise and leave it as is.

Do you know what this model sells for? I was unable to find a recent sale on the net to get a accurate price to measures it against.

Thanks,
    Greg