Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NEED HELP Identifying these pieces please. Want to display as a gift to my husband as he inherited them from his Grandad.

Article about: It's a Japanese WWII Bayonet. Maker is - Toyada Jido Shokki Seisakusho Arsenal - Toyada Automactic Loom works or TALW. I think it says next to the serial number - ROCHI. Cheers,

Default NEED HELP Identifying these pieces please. Want to display as a gift to my husband as he inherited them from his Grandad.

NEED HELP Identifying these pieces please. Want to display as a gift to my husband as he inherited them from his Grandad.NEED HELP Identifying these pieces please. Want to display as a gift to my husband as he inherited them from his Grandad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP Identifying these pieces please. Want to display as a gift to my husband as he inherited them from his Grandad.  

?

It's a Japanese WWII Bayonet.
    Maker is - Toyada Jido Shokki Seisakusho Arsenal - Toyada Automactic Loom works or TALW.

I think it says next to the serial number - ROCHI.

Cheers,

MAP
    ?

As noted by Danger and my earlier message to you, the two markings on the blade indicate it was made by the Toyoda Jidoshoki Seisakusho (Toyoda Automatic Loom Works) while under the supervision of Nagoya Arsenal

- Blade is appears to have been blued with most of the finish being worn off. It also appears from the photos to have been sharpened at one point.
    - It has a straight but contoured quillon (this is the cross guard. Some versions had a hook on the bottom)
    - It has a "fuller" (that is the groove in the blade from the hilt to the tip)
    - The handle is contoured wood retained by screws.
    - The pommel (the butt of the bayonet) is the birds head style versus later war rectangular.

I would estimate/guess it would be mid war.

In solid but well used condition.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The designation is 'T30 Bayonet'-fits most of the various Japanese service rifles used in WW2 (and earlier wars since 1904). My T38 carbine and T30 bayonet (hooked cross bar/quillon type).

PS-The number on the base of the hilt (the pommel) is the serial number of the rifle that was issued with the bayonet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP Identifying these pieces please. Want to display as a gift to my husband as he inherited them from his Grandad.  

Thank you to all who helped me. I really appreciate it! Kathy