Become our sponsor and display your banner here

New piece to my collection

Article about: Greetings all, I'd like to share a very special addition to my collection of military edged weopondry. This is very different piece in that I know for certain it's origin. It is a veteran br

Default New piece to my collection

Greetings all,

I'd like to share a very special addition to my collection of military edged weopondry. This is very different piece in that I know for certain it's origin. It is a veteran bring back from the Vietnam war. You see it belonged to my father who passed away a few months ago.

The story goes that my father, who was an MP with 25th infantry division in Pleiku Dec66 to March 68, was tasked with guarding a suspected VC soldier or insurgent who possed this implement. In his telling Dad would ackknowledge that it was certainly possible that the young fella he was guarding was just a farmer and this was a tool. But he couldn't really leave him armed while guarding him so he confiscated it and when military inteligence took the suspect away for questioning, he kept the "knife" as a souvenir. Dad also was convinced it was hand made from a leaf spring from an old Ford based upon its shape. I think he found that interesting and might be another reason he kept it.

It is definitely my new favorite piece to talk about. And one that will remain in my collection indefinitely.

Pal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	546427Click image for larger version. 

Views:	65 
Size:	237.9 KB 
ID:	546428Click image for larger version. 

Views:	80 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	546429

That is a very cool piece. I'm sorry for the loss of your father.

That's a really cool item to keep your Dad's memory alive!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

thank you for your father's service! I have 4 uncles that have all fought on the south vietnamese side and all made it through relatively unscathed! My one uncle that only passed on in 2008 due to throat cancer was a prisoner of war for 14 years and was released in the early 90's. The others do not really talk about their experiences during the war unless you get a couple beers in 'em .