Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not described AK47 bayonet

Article about: Didn´t find in any catalogue and/or ohter source.. My guess - NorthVietnamese production, most probably from 1970-ties (no any sign or markings).. Any ohter ideas..?

?

Default Not described AK47 bayonet

Didn´t find in any catalogue and/or ohter source..

My guess - NorthVietnamese production, most probably from 1970-ties (no any sign or markings)..

Any ohter ideas..?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not described AK47 bayonet   Not described AK47 bayonet  

Not described AK47 bayonet   Not described AK47 bayonet  

?

..forget to mention that handle parts are from aluminium...

And thickness of blade is from beginning to the close tip 6mm - not like 5mm/3,5mm as in all ohter AK47 bayos from different countries..

Very fancy item

I've never heard of AK47 bayonet production in North Vietnam. The aluminium grip plate is definitely not original, someone has crafted that to replace broken plastic/bakelite original grips. The lack of any marks narrows down the potential producers, as does the blade which is well formed with deep fuller. Looks to me to be East European and not East Asia, my pick would be Bulgarian, with a chance of being East German.

?

Think you are wrong and this bayo has nothing to do with any previously known AK-bayonet maker..

Aluminium grips are not "crafted" but original - as all construction is..

This bayonet has been seen before and few top collectors know it but seems they have been too lazy to atribute or describe this item so far - means I am a first..

"this bayo has nothing to do with any previously known AK-bayonet maker.."

So you think it's some unique rare oddity? Interesting story, but I'd like to see some evidence. Definitely not from Asia as the blade forging is too good. I'll stick with my original opinion in meantime.

?

AK47 Type | AK47 Bayonets

..there is a "group photo" of AK47 bayos with that one in far right identical to my bayo we are discussing here...

My assumption that this bayo has nothing to do with known AK47 bayonet-makers is based in fact that blade is so different - I mean much thicker. Every "regular maker" would do "regular blade" - not like this.

Also it has to be mentioned that my bayo was bought in us.ebay with foreword that "it was brought from Vietnam".. I understand that this sentence may be often just bullshit but this is the case where that kind of sentence seems me truth..

?

Until aces of this foorum are thinking on this fun item I´ll post here all my AK47 bayos (from left to right):
    - 2 x sovietrussians (earlier and later)
    - bulgarian
    - chinese
    - 2 x eastgermans (regular and honout guard´s)
    - polish
    - northvietnamese(-supposedly)

Still looking for northkorean and indonesian.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not described AK47 bayonet   Not described AK47 bayonet  

Default Thanks Manuel.

Greetings,

I obtained my NK AK Bayo (below) for free. That said, I did have to travel 7 1/2 hours in a C-130, exit the aircraft at 500ft in a parachute and at 0100hrs to pick it up.

Best,

V/r Lance

?

Can´t understand the relevance of post above to this topic and/or question stated by me..

It´s very fancy offcourse that you did this "paratrip" and "obtained" that NKorean bayo(which is not actually AK47 type-bayonet) but so what??

Pls do not post here your NKorean type "68" bayonets because those are equivalent to AKM-type bayos and are not at all relevant to this discussion here on AK47-type bayonets.....

NB!
    for those who are not in track: NKorean equivalent to AK47-type bayonets is local type "58":
    Bayonets by country
    Last edited by Bruno; 07-14-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Read this "Still looking for northkorean and Indonesian" and thought I'd share my North Korean variant. Many apologies that your thread's relevance was disturbed.

Best,

Lance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast