Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

NYC Bayonet collecting.

Article about: Hi Guys, I'm on location in NYC, and to be frank I am finding the militaria hunting leaves a little to be desired, lol. I have found a stow of Nazi police bayonets and one sword (in Manhatta

Default NYC Bayonet collecting.

Hi Guys,

I'm on location in NYC, and to be frank I am finding the militaria hunting leaves a little to be desired, lol.
    I have found a stow of Nazi police bayonets and one sword (in Manhattan of all places), but the pawnbroker is delusional as to value - I am working him, lol.

My Craigslist hunting found these two, for $200 total - which I feel is little enough money they count as souvenirs from the trip.
    The K98 bayo is OK and needs some oil on it, it will go into the collection, maybe to display on a rifle.
    The M1880 is not in my collecting wheelhouse, so any info. would be appreciated.

I have about three days off, and have found some helmets and a flag I'm taking the subway to go look at.
    If anyone has any leads, feel free to share.
    Oh, and I found a G33/40 but that was an upstate NY gunlist buy, and I shipped it home via my FFL - yeah, I'd fly out of JFK with a rifle in my luggage, probably legal but not for me to find out.

Any tidbits on the M1880 would be appreciated, I can't find much about it on-line.

Pit in NYC

[URL=http://s127.photobucket.com/user/figaro1971/media/2013-05-20104313_zps48be0044.jpg.html][/URL

Default Re: NYC Bayonet collecting.

I think the 1888 bayonet is french

?

The second bayonet is French for sure I have seen it a couple of times before

Are you sure it's French, and not a Belgian M1880?

Pit.

Pit

Definitely not French. Belgian M1880 for the Terssen.

Yatagan Model 1880 voor de Genie

I have a feeling that this bayonet with scabbard is worth considerably more than the $200 you paid for both.

Regards

Richie

That is a terrific photo, and great reference, thank you, Richie!
    I had whittled it down to being an M1880 from Ebay of all places.
    Then Carl at the BAyonet Collection Presentation reached out, gotta love the internet.

The one in your photo is particularly nice, mine is a little more fatigued, the marking on the scabbard has almost gone away.
    It goes in the collection - which is straying a little from my WW2 German mandate, lol.
    Thank you -

Pit.