Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Looking KNIL Mannlicher Bayonet

Article about: Hello gents, a week ago i got this odd looking KNIL mannlicher converted trench knife The hole is too small for the rifle barrel? No marking visible The finger groove on the handle The frog.

Question Odd Looking KNIL Mannlicher Bayonet

Hello gents, a week ago i got this odd looking KNIL mannlicher converted trench knife
    Odd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher Bayonet

The hole is too small for the rifle barrel?
    Odd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher Bayonet

No marking visible
    Odd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher Bayonet

The finger groove on the handle
    Odd Looking KNIL Mannlicher Bayonet

The frog. Someone restitched it with string
    Odd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher Bayonet

So what do you think about this gents? Could it be this is an indonesian made mannlicher as a trench knife? Or someone convert the original bayonet into trench knife?
    Thank you.

Hello Feldgrau,

Your bayonet looks like a home produced fighting knife, taking it's inspiration from a KNIL bayonet. The handguard does not add up. The hole in it is to small to fit the barrel.

Have a look at this site: Overview

Hope you find an explanation. Possibly non finished bayo made by TNI supporters in 45-50 era?

Cheers,
    Emile

Ah thank you for the explanation sir. That's really possible. Crude made and cloned from the original bayo. Thank you.

Anyway i found similar knife sell in here too
    Odd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher BayonetOdd Looking KNIL Mannlicher Bayonet
    I guess for this knife it doesn't have any finger groove and have a different style of handguard too.