Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on this USMC M9 bayonet

Article about: I hope i didnt make a mistake in buying this. I was looking online for a current issue IS, Aussie or british bayonet and came across this "special ops" USMC M9 bayonet. I usually w

Default Opinion on this USMC M9 bayonet

I hope i didnt make a mistake in buying this. I was looking online for a current issue US Aussie or british bayonet and came across this "special ops" USMC M9 bayonet. I usually would post it here before purchase but i was heading out bush with no phone or internet signal so i took a gamble.
    Does the "USMC" look correct and the bayo over all? I couldn't find any similar bayo's

My biggest concern is that i cant see markings like whats on this M9 bayo below....

The one you posted is a copy. The M9 is made by Ontario
    Cutlery and LanCay - originally by Phrobis. There are no
    giant saw teeth on these bayonets, and the sheath
    attachments should be marked with the maker
    and date.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on this USMC M9 bayonet   Opinion on this USMC M9 bayonet  

Opinion on this USMC M9 bayonet   Opinion on this USMC M9 bayonet  

Regards,

Steve.

Thanks so much for the quick post. I just sent his a message asking for refund as it is a copy

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    The one you posted is a copy. ...
    Both of them aren´t Army issued knives !

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    ... There are no
    giant saw teeth on these bayonets, ...
    http://www.buck-184.com/library/us04622707.pdf

Also, a very interesting site:
    M9M4 BAYONET : COLLECTION KNIFE BUCK

Some more threads regarding the MPBS M9 bayonet, here on the WRF:
    Us M9 LAN-CAY

I just had this reply

Hi Marc, i think you have been mis-informed, this is not a copy. We do not sell copies. We have the Ontario M9 bayonets for sale also @ $235. M9 is the model, it does not mean who manufactures them. The M9 is also manufactured by KABAR & Colt and other various companies. We have sold over 100 to australian soldiers without a single complaint for quality. Australians are not issued the Ontario model and are given a small amount of funds to purchase their own, many being from us. USA is issued M9 bayonets from Ontario, Kabar, Colt, ESM and USMC USA. Either way you are more than welcome for a full refund. Please return item to: 10 Gloucester Drive, Heidelberg. Vic. 3084. We are not here to rip off people and selling copies is a fraud in Australia and we can jeopardies our business/ issued a great fine in doing so. We run a serious family run business and would never sell copies. Feel free to contact me if you have any queries. Thank you.

@ taylor marc

On this site you surely will find further informations regarding the M9 bayonets, feel free to join there.
    The guy´s there will help you for sure.

Australian Issue Buck M9 Bayonet - Quarterbore's Forums

An other site, showin´ M9 bayonets:
    M9 Bayonet and variations

AUSTRALIA

Australian issue M9 bayonet

There´s also a difference between officialy Army issued items and, private purchased ones !
    For example, my son is a lifer and in his unit he is permitted, to carry private purchased knives, gear, and so on, otherwise, a conscript is not !

IMO your M9 type bayonet isn´t an officially Australian Army issued one, but rather, an commercial one, possibly private purchased by some Aussie soldiers.
    In the www. you´ll find some sites, Australian Army issued bayonets are described well.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    http://www.buck-184.com/library/us04622707.pdf

Also, a very interesting site:
    M9M4 BAYONET : COLLECTION KNIFE BUCK

Some more threads regarding the MPBS M9 bayonet, here on the WRF:
    Us M9 LAN-CAY
    Here is my Buck 184.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on this USMC M9 bayonet   Opinion on this USMC M9 bayonet  

Opinion on this USMC M9 bayonet   Opinion on this USMC M9 bayonet  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As far as I know, the "BUCKMASTER" was tested in the USA, but never was introduced in the armed forces there.

BTW, nice knife, Ralph !

I asked him what brand and where it was made......

Hi Marc, these are made in the smith & weasel factory in Taiwan just like most manufactured and many military issued blades such as CRKT, tops, gerber, etc... Same quality and same life time guarantee, just cheaper to produce, hence the price difference between the Ontario made M9 and these, thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast