Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pattern 1907 Bayonet-Chapman

Article about: Allow me to introduce myself. Hello! My real name is Brian and I've been fascinated with WW1 and WW2 history for quite some time! My Grandfather was a pilot in training (Kelly Airfield, TX)

Default Pattern 1907 Bayonet-Chapman

Allow me to introduce myself. Hello! My real name is Brian and I've been fascinated with WW1 and WW2 history for quite some time!
    My Grandfather was a pilot in training (Kelly Airfield, TX) during WW1 however the war ended and he left the Army. Trained in Jennys!
    I live in Washington State in the United States.

Please assist me in identifying this bayo, the markings (particularly in the 3rd picture) and matching the correct scabbard with this bayonet that I recently was given by a friend.
    I understand that finding an era-correct scabbard might be difficult. This bayo came with no scabbard unfortunately.

Thank you!
    Brian

Link to pictures as to not suck up forum bandwidth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pattern 1907 Bayonet-Chapman  

Hi and firstly welcome to the forum mate..its best to post all pics on here. Scabbards are available for this bayonet on ebay, the teardrop' ones are the early ones the round later. Yours has a clearance hole drilled in it, meaning it was in use after 1916..the marking in the third photo ill have to research when i get home,but it is where a lot of SOS sold out of service marks are
    Pattern 1907 Bayonet-Chapman

Hello Brian and welcome to the forum!
    As this is not my area of study, I will not really be able to help you here. There are quite a few other members that will be happy to though.
    As we frown on using outside photo hosting sites, please feel free to "suck up" our forum band width.
    We have excellent photo hosting capability right here and the photos will not be lost to time. Please respect the wishes of our forum administrators and post your photos directly here. Please have a read of this thread.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...uncements.html
    Thank you and good luck in your quest.
    Ralph.
    P.S. I have removed your link. You should be able to go to your original post and edit it. Please add the photos there or on another post.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks!
    Here are the pictures

Pattern 1907 Bayonet-ChapmanPattern 1907 Bayonet-ChapmanPattern 1907 Bayonet-ChapmanPattern 1907 Bayonet-ChapmanPattern 1907 Bayonet-Chapman

4md
    ?

Gday Brian, welcome to the forum, I would say the marking in the third pic looks like a Canadian marking,( an arrow inside a C) which would mean the bayonet was used in Canadian service. I have seen other Canadian bayonets with similar markings

Paul

Thank you Paul!

Have a look at this page its a great reference.. yours is a Canadian Arsenals Ltd. Markings on British and Commonwealth Bayonets

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Have a look at this page its a great reference.. yours is a Canadian Arsenals Ltd. Markings on British and Commonwealth Bayonets
    WOW! That is an awesome link, Wiz! Thank you so very much! Love reading this kind of stuff!

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Not sure it's actually a Canadian Arsenals marking as such, it looks like a Canadian Government ownership mark, arrow in a C, bit like the British Broad Arrow. The Canadian Arsenals mark is a post WWII marking of an A inside the C.

Nice bayonet by the way!

You might be right Time Bandit..my old eyes letting me down lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast