Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pig Sticker Bayonet with Greek connection

Article about: Hi all. I have had this bayonet for years but have only just notices this writing on the scabbard. It is just a No 4 Mk II pig sticker in an economy scabbard, however there appears to be Gre

Default Pig Sticker Bayonet with Greek connection

Hi all. I have had this bayonet for years but have only just notices this writing on the scabbard. It is just a No 4 Mk II pig sticker in an economy scabbard, however there appears to be Greek writing on the scabbard. I say Greek because of the presence of what look like backwards Es (Sorry I dont know Greek). This may not be clear from the photos, however does anyone know anything about the No 4 Lee Enfield in Greek Service? Would this be a wartime addition or post war? Any comments are welcome.

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pig Sticker Bayonet with Greek connection   Pig Sticker Bayonet with Greek connection  

Pig Sticker Bayonet with Greek connection  

?

Default Re: Pig Sticker Bayonet with Greek connection

Scabbard is not typical with this frog button, it could be Pakistan or other country? I dont believe its greek.

The scabbard is actually a conventional plastic MkIII. Possibly made in the USA.

Britain - No. 4 Spike Bayonets

I have one too.

My knowledge on Greek kit is limited to say the least....I know they later used US M1 Garands.

The lettering does look Greek though. The partizans certainly had kit from us. We have a few Greek lads on the forum, try asking them?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi,mates.So it seems to be a soldier's name engraved in the scabbard.I am not sure at all.Spitace41 you have to write to a paper anything you see engraved in the scabbard and simply take a picture of it,so that i can see it clearly!!

I have seen many ex Greek military vehicles of WW2 date (Willys MB Jeeps, etc) which had soldiers names carved into the plastic steering wheels. These vehicles were supplied under the Mutual Aid Programme in the 1950's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the replies. Cheers Ade for setting me straight on the scabbard type. Woodpecker, I believe the writing is this: ΦΠΥΦΑΣ from what I can see. It comes up in google translate as just letters but I dont know. Thanks again.

This doesn't make sense.Logical is a surname!!

Nice Bayonet. Certainly a little different.

Na, Like I said, it didnt make sense on google translate. Thanks anyway.

can you post a better picture of the writing i am curious of what it says

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast