MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6"

Article about: Hi mates ! Wanna show you this interesting, french, WWI "substitute trench knife". The blades of such pattern knives were made of bayonet blades. overall lenght: 284 mm blade lengh

Default "Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6"

Hi mates !

Wanna show you this interesting, french, WWI "substitute trench knife".
    The blades of such pattern knives were made of bayonet blades.

overall lenght: 284 mm
    blade lenght: 159 mm

Manufacturer:
    G.P. - GEORGES PAGE

Les poignards de Chatellerault... Les Coutrots...*

les poignards coutrot francais 14-18

Best regards,

R.

"Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6"

Default Re: "Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6"

a nasty looking dagger,but I like it.

kdub521
    ?

Hey Reibert.

this is a copy of the link above I'll be referring to (Daggers Chatellerault ... The Coutrots ... * daggers Coutrot french 14-18)
    I recently acquired one of these ( daggers / trench knives) & I'm trying to figure out which one it is & as much information as possible about it. Maybe you can help me out? The one I have is exactly like one from the link above. counting all the photos in the posts it's the 20th photo down from the top & is the 14th from the bottom. Actually it's the last one on a blue/green back ground (from the top) the one with the metal sheath with the riveted top mount for the hanger thanks for your time
    Kdub521

Sry., I cannot open the 2nd link no more ...

A bit on the late in this thread, and amazed to see one of these N°6 Coutrot knives here, as these are not very famous in their own country. Maybe is it because they're not among the most sexy combat knives...
    We have here a very nice example, congrats.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Wanna show you this interesting, french, WWI "substitute trench knife".
    The blades of such pattern knives were made of bayonet blades.
    One remark if I may, though : on the contrary of the former ones, this very model (the N°6) wasn't a "substitute", and didn't use a recycled bayonet blade. It's a knife that was created (invented) as a new model by Lt-Col Coutrot, and was built from scratch in its whole. The "model N°6" was adopted in late 1915 and an order of 100,000 of them was placed with two manufacturers : Georges Pagé and Cheron Vogt.
    The production stopped when the - much more famous - couteau-poignard Mle 16 (aka "le Vengeur") was adopted.

Well, I also had to get one of these Coutrot knives, but they're not really a piece of cake to find in such a nice condition as yours, especially regarding the leather sheath : it's often very worn and/or damaged. I'll maybe post a pic of mine a bit later. ;o)

Wanna show you another one.
    Obviously, heavilly worn and in very bad condition, but, the dagger´s showin´ an interesting, modified, sheath !

blade lenght: ca. 154 mm
    overall lenght: ca. 277 mm
    Manufacturer:
    G.P. - GEORGES PAGE
    "Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6"

"Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6""Poignard de Tranchée, Coutrot No. 6"

Quote by Das Edelweiss View Post
    ... I'll maybe post a pic of mine a bit later. ...
    I do hope so !
    Thx. in advance,
    R.

Very pleased to see that this thread isn't old enough to be completely dead, and happy to see another interesting N°6.
    IMO, the owner of this modified one wanted to secure the belt loop in a more efficient way in order to avoid losing the knife in combat, as the loop in question - in its original configuration - can be very (too) easilly opened. This one saw some action, no doubt !

Seems you got two N°6s by Georges Pagé. Mine (below) is by Chéron Vogt (will soon post a couple of other pics).

Last edited by Das Edelweiss; 11-01-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Go ahead, mate !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast