Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Price for a k98 baynet

Article about: Hi there!I'm new in collecting bayonets, this is my 3 one,but it turned out to be the worst purchase I've made.. I bought this bayonet because it looked ok on the pictures.. But it turned ou

?

Default Price for a k98 baynet

Hi there!I'm new in collecting bayonets, this is my 3 one,but it turned out to be the worst purchase I've made.. I bought this bayonet because it looked ok on the pictures.. But it turned out to be a big disappointment... I also made a bad call for paying it,i probably should have send it back, and just loose 20 bucks for shipment...Now I'm really pissed at my self.. I knew that the serial numbers on the blade and scabbard don't math,but i didn't had a clue that the blade was sharpened... I paid 70 euros for it,can you guys tell me what it's actually worth? I want at least to know how much i overpaid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Price for a k98 baynet   Price for a k98 baynet  

Price for a k98 baynet   Price for a k98 baynet  

70 EUROS = 93 USD I think???? Ehhhh, maybe an over payment. I'm not a big bayonet guy but I had a matching bayonet with sharpened blade, no scabbard, such as this one. I sold it for around $75 USD.

Mismatched bayonet and sharpened, 40-50$

Jean

?

Well yes 70 euros are about 92-3 USD. I'm thinking about reselling it as you said for about 75-80 USD or I will try to trade it for something... Thanks for the comment helmetone!

?

Ooo, then i guess there's no point of reselling if its only worth 40-50 $... Thanks for the price help Jean!

in my eye's its worth about £15 there's millions of these bayonets about.

Personally, I would not pay over $25-30 dollars US for a mismatched numbers 98K bayo, so, yes-I'd say a wee bit of an over pay.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

No not a wee bit ... Well if i can't use it for a trade of some sort i will keep it to remind me (next time ask for more photos before buying! )

Greetings Ripper,

I have been collecting bayonets and fighting knives for over 30 years and I still make mistakes, but fortunately I don’t repeat the same ones. That said, be prepared to make more, the key is to learn from and not repeat them. This mistake was not a complete train wreck, but a mistake none the less. As you have addressed request more/better quality pictures in the future, in order to spare yourself these “lessons”. For instance, if I see very dark pictures on an eBay item my immediate thought is “What is the seller attempting to hide?” Sometimes the seller just can't take a decent picture, but more often than not, something nefarious is afoot.

Regards,

Lance

?

Thanks for the advices militariaone! I will really be more careful in the future and i'll try not to make stupid rookie mistakes!

Emanuil