Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian infantry officers' 1871 sawback "walking out" bayonet

Article about: This is one of my favorite bayonets a Prussian infantry officers' 1871 sawback sidearm. It is a bayonet in appearance only, as it was never intended, nor could it be, attached to a rifle. It

?

Default Prussian infantry officers' 1871 sawback "walking out" bayonet

This is one of my favorite bayonets a Prussian infantry officers' 1871 sawback sidearm. It is a bayonet in appearance only, as it was never intended, nor could it be, attached to a rifle. It was meant to be worn on "dress" or formal occasions only. The blade is very long, slender and brittle, were it ever used as a saw or bayonet, it would surely break. That being said, I find it absolutely beautiful and condition couldn't be better!

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian infantry officers' 1871 sawback "walking out" bayonet   Prussian infantry officers' 1871 sawback "walking out" bayonet  

Prussian infantry officers' 1871 sawback "walking out" bayonet   Prussian infantry officers' 1871 sawback "walking out" bayonet  

Prussian infantry officers' 1871 sawback "walking out" bayonet  

Great engraving and thanks for sharing!.....

?

Good looking imperial bayonet.

?

hello Jim, nice one dress piece, anyway certainly not for Officers, only for NCOs, Officers wore in that time IOD or Sabres.

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    hello Jim, nice one dress piece, anyway certainly not for Officers, only for NCOs, Officers wore in that time IOD or Sabres.
    That is what I thought, but Ron Reide listed it as an officers model?

Jim

I like this one. Great condition and the etching
    only adds to it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.