Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PUMA "Automesser"

Article about: Hi, mates ! Wanna show you this utility-knife, manufactured by PUMA. This pattern knife originally was "civilian" issued as an tool, and was stowed in cars. Later, such pattern kni

Default PUMA "Automesser"

Hi, mates !

Wanna show you this utility-knife, manufactured by PUMA.
    This pattern knife originally was "civilian" issued as an tool, and was stowed in cars.

Later, such pattern knives were issued in the Bundeswehr, (for example, in the Air Force, in the "LURP´s", and, in special units of the German Police, as SEK´s).

overall lenght: 27 cm
    blade lenght: 15 cm

Cheers,
    R.

PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"

Schönes Messer, lieben Gruß an unsere Nachbarn in Österreich.

Danke !

Very interesting blade!....

Beautiful knife Reibert. Looks so much like the White Hunter model. I know the older Pumas from the 60s or earlier had the carbon steel. Seen some sell for decent money. Yours truly appears to be a treasure.

These knives have an interesting history to them. They were originally designed by professional African hunters. While digging about in my attic the other day, I came across a box full of Puma hunting knives. The one shown below was carried by my father, perhaps 40-50 years ago. It is identical in measurements and designs as your knife posted-with the exception of the polished stag handled and the mirror finish to the blade and metal parts. Even the sheath has not changed much, from the looks of it. You can't see it in the photos, but it does have the fine sawtooth portion of the blade as well.

PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"PUMA "Automesser"
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

While digging about in my attic the other day, I came across a box full of Puma hunting knives.
    Wow, that's a good day when that happens!

I've got a really old White Hunter, amazing piece even though it was really heavily abused. I'll post pics tomorrow. That and a Marbles are two of the finest quality knives in my collection.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    ... The one shown below was carried by my father, perhaps 40-50 years ago. ...
    Good deal !

Quote by Larboard View Post

I've got a really old White Hunter, amazing piece even though it was really heavily abused. I'll post pics tomorrow. ...
    Yeah, waitin´ for the images !

?

Now that is one beautiful stout blade right there.
    Great pick up Reibert
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast