Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

QUIZ time! can you identify this unmarked sharp item!?

Article about: Looks like Jim and Richie nailed this one down.

Thumbs up QUIZ time! can you identify this unmarked sharp item!?

feel free to identify, we are trying to figure it out. any help would be nice> thank you in advance! QUIZ time! can you identify this unmarked sharp item!?QUIZ time! can you identify this unmarked sharp item!?QUIZ time! can you identify this unmarked sharp item!? no makers marks can be found.............only the numbers 104
    Last edited by tarvin890; 01-09-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Default Re: QUIZ time! can you identify this unmarked sharp item!?

I'm not 100% sure what this is really. Its obviously a bayonet due to the muzzle ring but lacks an obvious slot for the lug which would be on the rife.

The scabbard looks like one that belongs to a Nazi German police dress Dagger, the type with Stag horn grips.

I'm sure someone else will be able to fill you in though!

Cheers
    Tom

thanks kinda hoping it was closer to a hungarian cavalry but the grips and grip shape is wrong but the round thingy is right! )

Some kind of Mauser bayonet I'm guessing. Any maker marks to the blade?

?

Curiously, it has no attachment groove, so no catch button. Looks like it may have been altered somewhere along the way.
    Regards,
    John

?

It looks like a letter opener,how long is it?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

im narrowing it down i believe it to be austro or hungarian

I agree also as this bayonet is not German,, so this thread will now appear in the bayonets of the world Forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It could be a walking out bayonet.
    The Prussian S71 bayonet had a walking out variation which was never intended to be attached to a rifle so it did not have a mortice to attach to the rifle although it retained the muzzle ring.
    I will post a photo of the S71 walking out bayonet that I have to show you.
    It looks like a bayonet similar to those issued to countries in S America although the blade seems very crude almost like an Indian SMLE variation.
    Regards

Jim
    Last edited by Paratrooper; 01-09-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

I agree with Paratrooper/Jim - I think this is a German private purchase item.

The scabbard is very German looking. Very similar items are shown in Le Nouvel Atlas dec la Baionette de Collection by Jean Pierre Vial. The shape of the hilt and blade together with the rivetted grips and scabbard are virtually identical to the one shown in the first post.

The remains of the green felt washer at the hilt end of the blade are often found on German bayonets/sidearms.

Found this on the web - similar in many ways I think to the one posted and identical to the one referenced in the book. Made by WKC with engraved blade.

Regards

Richie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture QUIZ time! can you identify this unmarked sharp item!?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast