Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench Knife

Article about: Got this great Knife today: Man its a darn large and heavy one, made by the Spanish Toledo factory. Reference is made to item 185 in Hughes and Jenkins ' A Primer of Military Knives Part Two

?

Default Rare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench Knife

Got this great Knife today:
    Man its a darn large and heavy one, made by the Spanish Toledo factory.

Reference is made to item 185 in Hughes and Jenkins ' A Primer of Military Knives Part Two
    " This is a scarce example of the Spanish M1907 ' Machete de Artilleria'. as well as the artillery, machine gun companies carried this weapon, for close quater combat, together with a pistol. It is 17 inches long with a 12 inch blade. The distinctive bolo, Toledo made blade was the prototype upon which was based the M 1941 Spanish Mauser bayonet and the 'CETME' rifle bayonet. The hilt is of finely chequered wood secured by two large steel screw bolts and it has a scabbard retaining catch. The pommel and cross guard are steel".

Enjoy this great knife or should i say little sword?
    Cheers Ger
    Rare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench KnifeRare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench KnifeRare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench KnifeRare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench KnifeRare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench KnifeRare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench KnifeRare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench KnifeRare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench KnifeRare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench KnifeRare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench Knife

?

Default Re: Rare Spanish M1907 Artillery Bolo trench Knife

Ger looks like a mini sword too...A very nice looking knife..Can it be fitted as a bayonet?? Just looks like some sort of lugg there...Cheers Terry.

?

Oh hang on I thnk I can see why we have the clip !!!! to hold it in the scabbard..what a donut I am!!!! Cheers Terry.

Wow that is a beauty!

Excellent knife! And not one often seen! Great pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Like the archaic looking M1941 bayo, intended for clearing brush for fire positions etc and pretty useless for the job as the blade is too small for a machete-a good looking example though with the leather/steel scabbard.

Lol - I have yet to see 'finely chequered' wood on ANY Spanish
    military cutlery - but it is a beautiful piece. Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thank you Gents, its something completely different from what i normally collect, but its an impressive Knife

Ger

I am new here. But that is one beautiful Bolo Knife!

?

Well Gents it was a package deal with a great SG M1871.

So this one is up for sale in the classified Other military section!

Cheers Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast