Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic sword, need ID'ing

Article about: given this by another workmate which he said he just found, he had given me no other info on it or where it came from etc, bought it for £10, just wondering if anyone recognises it and knows

Default Relic sword, need ID'ing

given this by another workmate which he said he just found, he had given me no other info on it or where it came from etc, bought it for £10, just wondering if anyone recognises it and knows the origin and time era this sword is from? the end is flat so I assume it is a ceremonial sword(?) but dunno if it is a proper sword and it tip has been snapped off(?) the grip appears to be bakelite. and the whole thing is 31 inches long,

Also was I ripped off by buying it for a tenner(?)

nevermind the flag on it, it's the only bright thing I can use to rest the sword on to quickly photograph it

cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic sword, need ID'ing   Relic sword, need ID'ing  

Relic sword, need ID'ing   Relic sword, need ID'ing  

Relic sword, need ID'ing   Relic sword, need ID'ing  

its an original item,so a £10. is ok. possible 17/18 century.

?

It looks like a Court Sword

Dean O

Looks more like an infantry hanger to me, although no idea of age or origin. I think for a tenner it is worth it for the research you can do

?

Appears to have some good age to it, I do not believe it is military looks more like a civil organization or something of that nature

?

I did a search on the net for Court Swords, several have the same pommel, so I will stick with it being a Court Sword and not a Military Sword.

Dean O

?

Actually it is a 1600s hemorrhoid trimmer and butt hair shaver.

Ok I got it ID'ed on another forum, apparently its a British spadroon, naval officers or an infantry officer from the year 1770's or 1780'