Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remington made Lebel bayonet?

Article about: Lebel bayo should have mars, this way or other, show us the inside of scabbard please, Chinese comrades are faking those very well

Default Remington made Lebel bayonet?

Greetings!

Just joined the forum. I am looking for information about an 1886/15 Lebel bayonet. I received it last night and am unable to find any marking/stamps/serial numbers at all. I stumbled across an old thread here about potentially rare unmarked Lebel bayonets that were manufactured by Remington. Anyone know how to confirm if this is one? I can post picks if that would help.

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Remington made Lebel bayonet?

Pictures?

Pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remington made Lebel bayonet?   Remington made Lebel bayonet?  

Remington made Lebel bayonet?   Remington made Lebel bayonet?  

Remington made Lebel bayonet?

Pictures of markings are also needed.

No markings anywhere on the bayonet or scabbard. Which from what I can find out is to be expected b/c many of these Remington made bayonets where not issued and therefore not proofed or serialized. There is some mention about a difference in the grip contours near the cross guard but I have nothing to compare mine to other than book pics which is difficult to confirm. I think my grip is a bit straiter or less curved at the cross guard but welcome any opinions. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by paladin1919; 10-04-2010 at 01:10 AM.

It could be, you should read Ade's or Bill's post.

I read Bill's post. It was very informative and what led me to this forum. He seems to know about this type of bayonet and I was hoping he might weigh in. If it is this type of bayonet, the next question is of rarity and worth. I just started collecting a few months ago and this particular bayonet was a gift from my father-in-law (well actually I bought it for dollar, bad luck not to). Would love to impress him with some knowledge!

I just saw this post... You do have a Remington made Lebel Bayonet....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Lebel well french anyway

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast