Russian NR-2 Scout Knife or not?

Article about: Greetings all, I have what I know as an NR-2 Russian Scout Knife. My question is it isnt the same as the NR-2 Scout Knife shown in Ivies AK-47 Bayonet Book as an NR-2 (See third picture fo

Default Russian NR-2 Scout Knife or not?

Greetings all, I have what I know as an NR-2 Russian Scout Knife. My question is it isnt the same as the NR-2 Scout Knife shown in Ivies AK-47 Bayonet Book as an NR-2 (See third picture for those). It seems to be a variant made using (Left over?) parts from an NRS-2 knife (Thats the one that has the single 7.62mm shot in it). Anyone have an idea as to what my knife (The first two pictures) is? Is it just a spare parts NR-2 wannabe or is just a standard NR-2 Scout Knife variant? Additionally on mine, there is no storage compartment in the handle either nothing opens up. Thanks, for looking and sharing your knowledge.

Regards,

Lance
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	928 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	461234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	461235Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	7399 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	461236

?

Default Re: Russian NR-2 Scout Knife or not?

There was a version of just knife, based on NRS and NRS2. Although this one looks like demilitarised NRS.

Scan of a page from the "Military knifes and kinjals" book [ A.A. Mak ]

Here is of just knifes

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	3767 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	461307  

Quote by ph3s View Post
    There was a version of just knife, based on NRS and NRS2. Although this one looks like demilitarised NRS.

Scan of a page from the "Military knifes and kinjals" book [ A.A. Mak ]

Here is of just knifes

Thank you for that scan ph3s, yes I think a demilitarized version of the NRS-2 is most likely. Perhaps something done at the original factory I assume, due to quality of the fitting. Agan, many thanks for the scanlooks like I need to get another knife book too:-)

Regards,

Lance

Greetings all,

I have received quite a few e-mails from folks interested in purchasing this knife. I have already sold it to an unknown buyer. I have no other NR-2 variants and I wont ever purchase another if I did happen upon one again. Again, no need to PM me about this knife, thank you for taking the time to read this.

Regards,

Lance