Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Russian NR-2 Scout Knife or not?

Article about: Greetings all, I have what I know as an NR-2 Russian Scout Knife. My question is it isn’t the same as the NR-2 Scout Knife shown in Ivie’s AK-47 Bayonet Book as an NR-2 (See third picture fo

Default Russian NR-2 Scout Knife or not?

Greetings all, I have what I know as an NR-2 Russian Scout Knife. My question is it isn’t the same as the NR-2 Scout Knife shown in Ivie’s AK-47 Bayonet Book as an NR-2 (See third picture for those). It seems to be a variant made using (Left over?) parts from an NRS-2 knife (That’s the one that has the single 7.62mm shot in it). Anyone have an idea as to what my knife (The first two pictures) is? Is it just a “spare parts” NR-2 wannabe or is just a standard NR-2 Scout Knife variant? Additionally on mine, there is no storage compartment in the handle either nothing opens up. Thanks, for looking and sharing your knowledge.

Regards,

Lance
    Russian NR-2 Scout Knife or not?Russian NR-2 Scout Knife or not?Russian NR-2 Scout Knife or not?

?

Default Re: Russian NR-2 Scout Knife or not?

There was a version of just knife, based on NRS and NRS2. Although this one looks like demilitarised NRS.

Scan of a page from the "Military knifes and kinjals" book [ A.A. Mak ]

Here is of just knifes

ÍÎÆ ÐÀÇÂÅÄ×ÈÊÀ ÍÐ-2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian NR-2 Scout Knife or not?  

Quote by ph3s View Post
    There was a version of just knife, based on NRS and NRS2. Although this one looks like demilitarised NRS.

Scan of a page from the "Military knifes and kinjals" book [ A.A. Mak ]

Here is of just knifes

ÍÎÆ ÐÀÇÂÅÄ×ÈÊÀ ÍÐ-2
    Thank you for that scan ph3s, yes I think a demilitarized version of the NRS-2 is most likely. Perhaps something done at the original factory I assume, due to quality of the fitting. Agan, many thanks for the scan…looks like I need to get another knife book too:-)

Regards,

Lance

Greetings all,

I have received quite a few e-mails from folks interested in purchasing this knife. I have already sold it to an unknown buyer. I have no other NR-2 variants and I won’t ever purchase another if I did happen upon one again. Again, no need to PM me about this knife, thank you for taking the time to read this.

Regards,

Lance