Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

S 84-98 44 cvl

Article about: Just acquired this bayonet. I don't think too many were made in this configuration with wood grips attached by rivets. Photos courtesy of the seller.

Default S 84-98 44 cvl

Just acquired this bayonet. I don't think too many were made in this configuration with wood grips attached by rivets.

Photos courtesy of the seller.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S 84-98 44 cvl   S 84-98 44 cvl  

S 84-98 44 cvl   S 84-98 44 cvl  

Default Re: S 84-98 44 cvl

That's a very good find, that is seldom seen FP

Most CLV44 (WKC) bayonet was made of wood grips attached by rivets.
    Rare are those CLV44 with bakelite grips.

Regards
    Vedran

Hi Guys,

Does anybody have a 'rarity chart' of K98 bayonets. I've a couple of rivetted late wars as well as some nice phosphated but I've often wondered what the 'rarity scale' would look like.

Regards,

Bigsie

Bigsie, maybe I'm wrong, but with what you said, I would add K98 bayonets produced 1945.

Regards
    Vedran

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    Bigsie, maybe I'm wrong, but with what you said, I would add K98 bayonets produced 1945.

Regards
    Vedran
    Indeed - very few 45 dated bayonets around.

A few shown here

k98 bayonets data and registry

Regards

Richie

?

Nice piece, i could dont deciphere the letter of series, is possibility bad stamped p or q letter, which would be the latest SN known, but the finish looks like repaired, should be heavy tool?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Nice piece, i could dont deciphere the letter of series, is possibility bad stamped p or q letter, which would be the latest SN known, but the finish looks like repaired, should be heavy tool?
    AndyB

I have compared the series letter to those shown on this site - they are all said to be in the "p" series.

k98 bayonets data and registry

The finish - you could be right - I'm not sure - again in comparison too the website.

I'm pleased to have it in the collection - just need a "45" !

Regards

Richie