Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Saipan Battlefield Jap. Sword pickup

Article about: Hey Guys, I picked up a nice samurai sword from a collector that was picked up after a charge on Saipan. I have a few photos on my website if anyone's interested. Semper Fi, Bob Saipan Banza

Default Saipan Battlefield Jap. Sword pickup

Hey Guys,
    I picked up a nice samurai sword from a collector that was picked up after a charge on Saipan. I have a few photos on my website if anyone's interested.

Semper Fi,
    Bob
    Saipan Banzai Sword

?

Default Re: Saipan Battlefield Jap. Sword pickup

Nice sword. I really like war time pieces. I have an old blade in military mounts from Tarawa where the blades edge has suffered some damage and the handle wrap has been seperated. It was brought back by a man that was in the 2nd Marine Division, last name Maudlin. Damned if I can remember his first name at the moment.

Hey Steve,
    Thanks for the touchback, I'd really like to get some pics of your Tarawa relic and post them on my site if you didn't mind. Are you interested in trading for German?

Semper Fi,
    Bob
    Home

?

Bob nice sword. could you post close up photos of damage. Gary

?

Quote by tokashikibob View Post
    Hey Steve,
    Thanks for the touchback, I'd really like to get some pics of your Tarawa relic and post them on my site if you didn't mind. Are you interested in trading for German?

Semper Fi,
    Bob
    Home
    At the moment I am moving from a home I have been in for 41 years and closing out an old pool hall that has been in the family for the last 50 years. I will get you some pictures but I can't say when.
    Steve

Hey Bob,
    What does the mei translate to? Have you been able to date it?

Mike

PS: You're not too terribly far away from me (compared to other members here). I live up in Durham. Well...I do when I'm not deployed to Iraq.