Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.

Article about: Hi everyone, I was recently at a antique store in Tucson Arizona and I picked up a scabbard. It has black leather and some sort of metal maybe brass at the ends. The scabbard has EB stamped

Default Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.

Hi everyone, I was recently at a antique store in Tucson Arizona and I picked up a scabbard. It has black leather and some sort of metal maybe brass at the ends. The scabbard has EB stamped on both metal ends. I did some research about it and I found some scabbards that are for a Mauser bayonet in the World War 1 era. It looks similar but not exactly the same. The scabbard is in rough condition and the leather is deteriorating. If anyone could help me identify what this scabbard is, it is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    WarHorse
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.   Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.  

Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.   Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.  

Last edited by WarHorse; 11-23-2018 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Sorry about the pictures, I am currently on vacation and do not have access to a computer, therefore making it harder for me on a phone.

Please follow the instructions on this thread to upload your photos correctly.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

or perhaps not !

Looks like a Patt 1907

---------------------------------
    Perhaps EB= Ejército Brasileño - Brazilian Army.
    Last edited by Richie B; 11-24-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Please follow the instructions on this thread to upload your photos correctly.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.

The point being that images not uploaded to the forum rather than any hosting service will eventually disappear making the post useless.

Also this one cannot be opened just by clicking the link. One has to make some effort to get into it.
    Members here are keen to help but most have more to occupy them than working out how to see the image before they begin to try and answer your question. I suspect that the line of least resistance in most cases is not to bother and it isn't fair to add to the matter when you are asking for help.

All meant as encouragement to help you get best benefit from the forum.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Sorry about the pictures, I am currently on vacation and do not have access to a computer, therefore making it harder for me on a phone. They have been fixed.

?

I recall owning and eventually selling a bayonet like that one. I believe it belongs to a WWI British Enfield bayonet. I'm not a 100 % sure but that's how I labeled it in my digital files. wait for other opinions. in the meantime compare the photo's

Cheers, Al

Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.

?

How long is the scabbard? dont looks like P1907. b.r.Andy
    Searched the net, it could be Argentine M1871 Remington Rolling Block, similar fittings has a M1871 cadet piece on Old Smithy page. Maybe the designation is not correct, but the shape of hook is similar on all later arg.bayonets, EB could be argentine production already.
    Last edited by AndyB; 11-28-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Hi, it is about 17 and 1/2 inches long. Thank you for your input.

?

The Remington M879 has 18,3 inches long blade, so its possible the cadet M1871 version was shorter? or the leather has schrunked? or the scabbard is for different modell. b.r.Andy

Quote by AndyB View Post
    How long is the scabbard? dont looks like P1907
    It actually really does look like a pattern 07 bayonet scabbard. The blades of these bayonets were 17 inches long and many models did have a round shaped frog stud.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scabbard bought at Antique store, need help identifying.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast