Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Serb fascine knife

Article about: Hello ! Some of You guy´s have further information´s regarding this Serb fascine knife ? Thx. in advance, R.

Default Serb fascine knife

Serb fascine knifeSerb fascine knifeSerb fascine knifeSerb fascine knifeSerb fascine knife

Hello !

Some of You guy´s have further information´s regarding this Serb fascine knife ?

Thx. in advance,

R.

Default Re: Serb fascine knife

Reibert

Very interesting - never seen one before.

An unusual blade design as well with only one fuller.

Can't help a great deal other than to say that the BT3 mark was used December 1918 - November 1923 and then again from March 1931 to April 1941 by the Military Technical Institute Kragujevac.

Regards

Richie

Quote by Richie B View Post

Can't help a great deal other than to say that the BT3 mark was used December 1918 - November 1923 and then again from March 1931 to April 1941 by the Military Technical Institute Kragujevac. ...
    AT3 means: "AT3" (ATZ) Артилерийско технички завод - Artiljerijsko Technitschki Zavod, (1923-31)

BT3 means: Војно технички завод - Vojno Technitschki Zavod (1883-1923, 1931-1941).

Serb fascine knifeSerb fascine knifeSerb fascine knifeSerb fascine knifeSerb fascine knife

Pic´s of an other one, I swapped months ago to Lithuania

Here are better images of the fascine knife first shown here in the thread.

Here is another example of a fascine knife of this pattern.

More pictures of this very rare to find fascine knife::

This edged weapon is an "artillery sidearm", ("fascine knife"), "M1924 for the non-commissioned officers", (Kingdom of Yugoslavia).

Manufacturer: BT3 - Vojno Tehnicki Zavod, Kragujevac, Serbia

Single-edged blade with fuller, aka "blood groove", (this one, inserted only on the right side of the blade!)

Serial number stamped on the crossguard, and, on the frog stud.
    The highest serial number of this model that I have known so far: 10934
    I would therefore be interested in the production quantity of this "fascine knife".

Crossguard made of brass (riveted to the tang), wooden grips riveted twice, blued steel scabbard.

All fascine knives of this model that I have come across have a "C" stamped on the guard.

Dimensions:

Total length: 40cm
    Blade length: 28 cm
    Blade width: 24.5mm
    Blade thickness: 6 mm
    Length of sheath: 30 cm

Maybe one of you, or others, can contribute further information about this edged weapon.
    I would also be interested in contemporary photographs of this edged weapon (and how it was carried "on the man").

best regards,
    R

?

Thanks for showing. I cannot contribute to answering your questions. But I recently learned that the term fascine knife, or Faschinenmesser in German, was derived from the Latin/Italian word “fascis”, meaning a bundle of brushwood, as used to built e.g. gun positions. This knife to me does not appear to be very suitable to chop wood, although I am sure you have identified it correctly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast