Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Grip Panels on M38 Folding Bayo Help Please

Article about: I picked up a good condition Italian M1938 folding bayonet with correct scabbard. The grip panels do not have any screws to hold them on; appears glued on. I have seen these before without e

Default Strange Grip Panels on M38 Folding Bayo Help Please

I picked up a good condition Italian M1938 folding bayonet with correct scabbard. No numbers stamped anywhere. The grip panels do not have any screws to hold them on; appears glued on. I have seen these before without explanation but I assume it is a Bubba job. Looking inside I can only see one threaded hole on each side when I would expect to see two. Does not appear to be a reproduction item IMO. The material and craftsmanship of the wood grips is on par with production, minus the screws of course. Has anyone run across these before besides a Bubba project? Does anyone have a resource for 4 grip screws if I chose to restore correctly? All opinions are appreciated. I am really not offendable, but I am deplorable.
    John

Strange Grip Panels on M38 Folding Bayo Help PleaseStrange Grip Panels on M38 Folding Bayo Help PleaseStrange Grip Panels on M38 Folding Bayo Help PleaseStrange Grip Panels on M38 Folding Bayo Help PleaseStrange Grip Panels on M38 Folding Bayo Help Please

Hey John, did some digging last night and it may be a tough order to find original screws. I even checked my carcano rifles for any matching screws but came up with nothing. I'm thinking your best bet it to try and find another bayonet with a crappy blade.

Thank you for the reply and efforts. Much appreciated. I assumed this was not correct.
    John

Posted the screw size in case you found some on your own. Thought that even perhaps they may have been mass produced for other Italian equipment but I can't find any.