Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Three Queensland Government P1876 bayonets

Article about: Hello everyone, I know these won't be to everyones taste or interest but here are three fairly rare Queensland Government marked P1876 bayonets for the Martini Henry rifle. They are all Enfi

?

Default Three Queensland Government P1876 bayonets

Hello everyone,

I know these won't be to everyones taste or interest but here are three fairly rare Queensland Government marked P1876 bayonets for the Martini Henry rifle. They are all Enfield made and marked Q^G which is the property mark of the colony of Queensland which separated from the colony of New South Wales in 1859. The government of the colony of Queensland was responsible for arming its volunteer, defence and police force until the colonies federated in 1901 to form Australia.

I think there were only about 6000 of these bayonets issued and marked Q^G. They are a little beat up but I like them as they represent my local history. The strange thing is I found all of these within a week. Two of the bayonets are complete and one has been deactivated with the removal of its locking ring and squashing of the socket.

Thanks for looking and any comments welcome.

Alex
    Three Queensland Government P1876 bayonetsThree Queensland Government P1876 bayonetsThree Queensland Government P1876 bayonetsThree Queensland Government P1876 bayonetsThree Queensland Government P1876 bayonetsThree Queensland Government P1876 bayonetsThree Queensland Government P1876 bayonetsThree Queensland Government P1876 bayonetsThree Queensland Government P1876 bayonets

Excellent find and post mate...never seen the Queensland ones

?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Excellent find and post mate...never seen the Queensland ones
    Thanks mate, neither had I until i picked these up. I'm hoping to find some more in different patterns but I'm not holding my breath.

Alex