Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

turkish bayonet without model name?

Article about: Dear collegues, I found that nice bayo but I can´t atribute it because after some research I found that generally nothing is known about this model: - it has turkish marking AS.FA. and fits

?

Default turkish bayonet without model name?

Dear collegues,
    I found that nice bayo but I can´t atribute it because after some research I found that generally nothing is known about this model:
    - it has turkish marking AS.FA. and fits to the turkish m1935 bayonet dimensions
    - at the same time it has nothing similar to the turkish-produced m1935 bayos
    - it looks like it was never reworked or reissued
    - blade is very similar to german m1871/84 or austrian m1888/90 bayos
    - handle is very similar to austrian bayos
    - it has very interesting but old-fashioned so-called "long-leaf" catch
    - no ohter signs or markings instead of AS.FA. and number in the pommel

So my Q-s:
    - who is the producer - what is the story of that bayonet?
    - why it has so unusual outdated "long-leaf" catch?
    - why this bayonet has no personal model name?

Additionally to this I found in KULINSKI´s catalogue (nr 871) very similar example which was named as "austrian export bayonet for Mauser from the beginning of 20th century"...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture turkish bayonet without model name?   turkish bayonet without model name?  

turkish bayonet without model name?   turkish bayonet without model name?  

turkish bayonet without model name?   turkish bayonet without model name?  

turkish bayonet without model name?  

This is what I have on it

?

Thank you very much for that information - where did you get it // from which source?

Just one remark to this.
    As I have heard, marking AS.FA. in turkish bayonets does not means exactly "post 1928 production", but indicates, that so-marked bayos were in "active service" after 1928. You can find very ancient (and different) turkish bayos with that AS.FA. marking..

Source is "Observations On Turkish Bayonets" and can only be found here list
    well worth buying! Shame it's CD ROM but you can work it off the HDD. My copy has been updated.
    Good Old Otto! Introduced to him back in the old BCN days.

111John
    ?

I have a Bayo just like this one. but I cannot see the info on your post. All I see is "this is what I have on it". Can you repost?

Thank you!

Bruno you have really answered your own question. "AsFa" means "Askeri Fabrika" or military factory, meaning the Turkish State Arms company, operating from 1929. This is a Turkish made M1935 model bayonet, leaf spring suggesting earlier production date rather than later. Later M1935 bayonets had a fuller with rounded ends and mortice lock with internal spring.

Quote by 111John View Post
    I have a Bayo just like this one. but I cannot see the info on your post. All I see is "this is what I have on it". Can you repost?

Thank you!
    See above post source is from there Sorry

?

Otto speaks about used older pommels for this type of bayonets, the blade should be new, and M1903 or M1935 standarts configuration.b.r.Andy