Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Turkish conversion bayonet

Article about: Hi. Merry Cristmas. I think this may be a Turkish converted bayonet. The blade has been chopped down and there is a crescent moon stamp on the pommel. Anyone know what it is?

Default Turkish conversion bayonet

Hi. Merry Cristmas. I think this may be a Turkish converted bayonet. The blade has been chopped down and there is a crescent moon stamp on the pommel. Anyone know what it is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Turkish conversion bayonet   Turkish conversion bayonet  

Turkish conversion bayonet   Turkish conversion bayonet  

Turkish conversion bayonet   Turkish conversion bayonet  

Turkish conversion bayonet  

Default Re: Turkish conversion bayonet

Turkey definitely.
    It reminds me of shortened Mauser Milovanovic saber, (1903/1935) but I'm not 100% sure.

Regards
    Vedran

Certainly Turkish. I think ASFA means something like Askari Fabrika or Ankara Military Rifle Factory.

I would suggest that the blade has been shortened as the fullers run right to the point of the blade.

Not sure what it was originally - have a look here

TURKEY

Regards

Richie

?

Hello there ,I think this is a Turkish M1887-35 mauser bayonet ,officialy shortened in 1937,the blade was 455mm before shortening and had a hooked quillon,Regards Paul.

Thanks guys. Yes it does definately have a shortened blade. Someone tried to tell me it was a German WW2 bayonet but I was pretty sure the ASFA stamp and shortened blade made it a Turkish conversion. I'll check out the Bayonets you guys suggested it may have originally been. Thanks again.

?

Without detailed stamps of ricasso is not possible to know what baynet was reworked, most probably a M1890 turkish or previous M1887 modell.