Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two bayonets to be identified

Article about: Gents - your valuable knowledge is heavily needed! Pls help me identify those two nice Mauser bayos below. One of them is German produced and the other one Austrian produced (that´s for sure

?

Default Two bayonets to be identified

Gents - your valuable knowledge is heavily needed!

Pls help me identify those two nice Mauser bayos below. One of them is German produced and the other one Austrian produced (that´s for sure) - but who were the customers??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two bayonets to be identified   Two bayonets to be identified  

Two bayonets to be identified   Two bayonets to be identified  

Two bayonets to be identified   Two bayonets to be identified  

Default Re: Two bayonets to be identified

The first one bayonet looks like Germany M1895, with repro wood grip, likely for the export?
    Another one is Austrian bayonet, M1895, also for the export.
    For which country they were produced, is very difficult to find out, my opinion is - Bulgaria, but I'm not 100% sure.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 03-28-2013 at 07:24 PM.

?

Thank you - my 8 (not 12) points goest to Croatia

Only 8 because this austrian bayo is definitely not m1895 (I have many of them in my collection, with AUT, HUN, TCZ producer marks).
    The edge down, curving wooden parts and pommel shape - those are some basic features very much differing from m1895 bayo

One more thing - seems that this austrian has originally no muzzle ring and the ring was added later - does it help to recognize country of destination?
    Last edited by Bruno; 03-29-2013 at 08:26 AM.

There i would not agree, with you.
    Austrian military industry has worked quite a few different versions of the basic model M1895.
    A number of versions 1895 bayonets produced are for export. (Chile, M1895, or M1912 submodel )
    Austrian bayonet muzzle ring looks to me as original part of bayonet. (maybe a little folded)
    Disposal of muzzle ring among Austrian bayonets, it has become a trend in recent times.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Hello, AndyB - where are you // help me

My 12 points are waiting for Slovakia

delete
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-29-2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: delete

?

Recognized finally this german one // Simson & Co SUHL miself - its made for Spain, model 1892/93 (BAYONETS BAYONET BAYONETA BAIJONET SEITENGEWEHR BAYONETTA is a good site, can suggest for everybody ).

But the other bayo, this austrian made // OEWG is still a mistery...

?

Got both bayos from dealer and the mistery of austrian bayo is also more or less clear now. This bayo has a marking AS.FA in pommel which means that this bayo must have a clear relationship to Turkish army - so it was (most probably) kind of export to Turkey

I´m bit on unsatisfied with the knowledge of the Forum - no help onto my Question (as you can see)

All 12 points goes to Estonia so

?

Sorry I'm late. AS.FA is clearly Turkish markings. Austrians didn't export it. Those 86-88 were reworked in Turkey after the ww1.
    Mannlicher bayonets

Bruno, it's hard to help, if the information about your bayonet get later - AS.FA stamp.
    So when looking for help, it is desirable to photograph all trademarks on bayonet.

Another thing, stamp of Austrian eagle on blade. means that these bayonet, was the property of the Austro-Hungarian army.
    Bayonet without an eagle, means that this item was intended for export.

Regards
    Vedran

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast