Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two fighting knives origin unknown

Article about: Hello again fellas, Ade in particular these are thw other two Knuckle knives that was part of the collection I bought. The M1 could be a field made one off,the other I have not seen anywhere

Default Two fighting knives origin unknown

Two fighting knives origin unknownTwo fighting knives origin unknownTwo fighting knives origin unknownTwo fighting knives origin unknownTwo fighting knives origin unknownTwo fighting knives origin unknownTwo fighting knives origin unknownHello again fellas,
    Ade in particular these are thw other two Knuckle knives that was part of the collection I bought.
    The M1 could be a field made one off,the other I have not seen anywhere.
    Any ideas anyone??

Regards

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two fighting knives origin unknown   Two fighting knives origin unknown  

Two fighting knives origin unknown   Two fighting knives origin unknown  

Two fighting knives origin unknown  

Default Re: Two fighting knives origin unknown

The first one looks like a field created knife. It s an M1-Garand bayonet with a d gaurd. The bottom looks like a British spike bayonet knife. Looks like a 1918 with a spike and its scabbard.

Hi Jim, never seen the M1 conversion before but it looks a fairly professional job.

The WD marked knuckle knife I have seen before. But I don't know the origins of these. I am kind of on the fence with these.

Cheers, Ade.

I swear the second knife was a prototype......maybe look here to get some ideas. Knuckle Knives and Push Daggers

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    I swear the second knife was a prototype......maybe look here to get some ideas. Knuckle Knives and Push Daggers
    Some strange knive´s among them ...

f.e.:
    CKK-42
    Model 1918 Design Theatre Made Bowie Knife ...

The blade´s a dull German WWI "butcher-bayonet" one ...

AIF
    ?

I agree with blitzkrieg on the second knife, definately looks like a cross between a us knuckle knife and a britsh no.4 spike bayonet

Jim

I think I will join Ade on the fence on the second one - not one I've seen referenced or documented anywhere.

I am always very cautious about such items - not to mention the fact that they are illegal in the UK !

Regards

Richie

I suppose I will have to keep looking for an answer.
    With regards to Illegal in the Uk Richie, where do you want me to start with Illegal Militaria for sale in the UK?
    We are custodians of historical artifacts not illlegal weapons.
    I could if you like take them to work and get them chopped up because that is what will happen to them ( You can probably guess what I do for a living)
    These items are scarce enough please let us enjoy the ones we can still find.

regards

Jim

I have seen the second one before. Like I said I think it is a prototype. It is original, so maybe it was a field modification? Maybe a soldier captured both, and changed it?

Regarding the No4 spike type knife I've no real opinion as such as I don't know one way or another but the comment I would make is the Broad Arrow marking looks nowt like any I've seen before? I'd always thought the arrow stamp was stamped on afterwards by an inspector if the item was upto scratch whereas this one looks like it's been added in the manufacturing process? The shape, size and general look of the arrow seems dubious also, maybe meant to make it appear like the style of markings on the M1918 knife??
    Anyhow, just a thought and since I'm not sure either way I'll join the fence sitters!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast