Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Type 30 Arisaka Help

Article about: I have recently attained what I believe to be a Type 30 Arisaka Bayonet. I am not sure if it is a replica or real. There are no identifing marks on the blade or the handle. The blade is blac

Irishfarmer
    ?

Default Type 30 Arisaka Help

I have recently attained what I believe to be a Type 30 Arisaka Bayonet. I am not sure if it is a replica or real. There are no identifing marks on the blade or the handle. The blade is black and looks like iron instead of steel. The handle is wooden and looks very old. I will post some pictures if it helps but it looks just like a type 30. What I am wanting to know is if this is a replica or if it is real. Thanks

Default Re: Type 30 Arisaka Help

Yes you should probably post pics.

Finn

The Arisaka bayos do get a black tinge to them over time. The Japanese steel was low quality and got worse as the war went on. I doubt it's a replica. Like Finn said, post some photos.

Jay

?

if it has no markings......could it possibly be a jap training bayonet? ive seen that before on a trainer

Irishfarmer
    ?

Here are the pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 30 Arisaka Help   Type 30 Arisaka Help  

Type 30 Arisaka Help  

Quote by Irishfarmer View Post
    I have recently attained what I believe to be a Type 30 Arisaka Bayonet. I am not sure if it is a replica or real. There are no identifing marks on the blade or the handle. The blade is black and looks like iron instead of steel. The handle is wooden and looks very old. I will post some pictures if it helps but it looks just like a type 30. What I am wanting to know is if this is a replica or if it is real. Thanks
    Yes its real imo possible last ditch bayo Eric.