Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Type30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbard

Article about: Hi Everyone, Was looking for a bayonet to match my very war weary Type38 Arisaka rifle. The wood on the rifle is almost back and parts are quite pitted, so I needed the bayo to match. Well I

Default Type30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbard

Hi Everyone,

Was looking for a bayonet to match my very war weary Type38 Arisaka rifle. The wood on the rifle is almost back and parts are quite pitted, so I needed the bayo to match. Well I finally found it!

Type30 Bayonet, its in good condiditon but nice and dark, matches the rifle well. The bonus for me was the scabbard, being it was made from a piece of bamboo. Never know if its legit but it certainly looks the part, and its well worn where it would have moved against the leg. Plenty of little nicks and cuts on the surface and defiantly has age to it. Has heaps of character and matches the rifle well so I very pleased with this one
    Type30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbard

Default Re: Type30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbard

An interesting piece-even if its not legit it's still a feasible work of art in its own way!

Very nice bayonet + scabbard! Was looking forward to seeing this one

-Joshua

Thanks fellas

Here is a pic with is on the rifle, forgive me with the pics, not the best.
    Type30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbardType30 Japanese bayonet with theatre made bamboo scabbard

Boy, you're right about them matching each other! Spot on and it makes for an awesome display!

-Joshua