Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified bayonet

Article about: Hi guys, i hope someone can help me identify this bayonet for a friend of mine! He owns it for a couple of years now but still doesn't know if it's genuine, and if so, what period/country/ma

Cool Unidentified bayonet

Hi guys, i hope someone can help me identify this bayonet for a friend of mine! He owns it for a couple of years now but still doesn't know if it's genuine, and if so, what period/country/maker it is.

Unidentified bayonetUnidentified bayonetUnidentified bayonetUnidentified bayonetUnidentified bayonetUnidentified bayonetUnidentified bayonetUnidentified bayonet

Many thanks!!

erik

Default Re: Unidentified bayonet

Hi Erik, it is original and is a Spanish M1941.

See here for more info:

Spain

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Wow thank you for the quick reply Adrian! I'm glad to hear it's original! Never thought i came from Spain I'ts a nice bayonet!

Erik

It looks older than it is as it has many old fashioned features-the birds head pommel, the heavy cross guard, the chequered wood grips-the bolo blade was intended to clear brush like a machete but it's too small to be effective for the job-will fit on a variety of Spanish rifles including this M1943 Mauser rifle with an auxilliary bayonet lug.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified bayonet   Unidentified bayonet  

Unidentified bayonetUnidentified bayonetUnidentified bayonetUnidentified bayonet

Here´s an M1941 bayonet, showing plastic grip plates, (refurbished at La Coruña Arsenal).

Rumor´s say, M1941, showing plastic grip plates, also were in use in the spanish Navy.

This pattern bayonet fit´s to the M1893 Kal. 7 x 57 mm, M1916 rifle.
    With adapter to the M1943 Kal. 8 x 57 mm also.