Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

US M9 Bayonet Fun

Article about: Sharing a few variations of the modern, maybe too modern for this thread, US M9 bayonet. They are interesting to collect the different variations in maker, finish, color, scabbard variations

Default US M9 Bayonet Fun

Sharing a few variations of the modern, maybe too modern for this thread, US M9 bayonet. They are interesting to collect the different variations in maker, finish, color, scabbard variations as they progress from 1986 to current. They also do not generally break the bank. They might even be collectable some day. The largest collection of variations that I am aware of is 125 different bayonets.
    John

US M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet Fun

Additional Pics
    John

US M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet FunUS M9 Bayonet Fun

Good collection there-They are certainly very lethal pieces of cutlery, very different to the previous M16/16a1 rifle types-and they're not cheap to buy here in Oz!

MAP
    ?

Very very nice.

I had the opportunity last year to get some used surplus examples in tan. Asking price was $85. I had no idea if that was good or bad so passed
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Honestly, they are really good looking bayonets... something about them just makes me drool over my keyboard.

CBH
    ?

I had one years ago with a broken tip, resharpen it and traded it away.
    Thought it was awful heavy and over built for the it's purpose.
    I kept the sheath pouch and sewed on a belt loop and I still use that for my Swiss German Army knife twenty years later.

?

There is a fairly rare variant produced specifically for the Australian defence forces which is broad arrow marked on the blade and scabbard. They average about $500 Australian dollars. Australian issue M9 bayonet

Alex

Thank you for the replies and information. I did not know Australia used the M9? The M9 is a very hefty and durable bayonet and gets good reviews from the people that carried them. I am pretty sure that 10 AK bayonets could be made for the same price as one M9.
    Most of the ones I have were carried over in the middle east.
    John

A very nice collection. Not a type I collect, but one i'm sure will become more sought after as the years pass.

Our army uses them on the Steyr Aug F88 rifle-initially they were looking at modified L1a1 SLR bayos because we had plenty of those in store at the time but army decided on a more modern multi purpose type.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast