Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

USMC Ka-Bar

Article about: by CBH Now that's a KNIFE lol . I already have a very large SOG knife , but it weighs a ton ! And would cause other campers to question my sanity . But if the zombies were at the door I gues

Default Re: USMC Ka-Bar

Thanks fellas................no probs..you just chat among'st yerselfs for a bit......................your advice is appreciated and I will shop around for a nicer wartime example.

Phil

CBH
    ?

Default Re: USMC Ka-Bar

I too am sorry for the hi-jacking , and if you want a working knife go Ka-bar . If you want a collectable knife keep looking . Good luck !
    cheers Chris

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Such "commeroratives" were, (still, are ?), in use in US-units in foreign mission´s as "private purchased" knives.
    I guess, this Marine carries one of such "commemorative" KA-BAR (USMC Olean, N.Y.), in combat.
    Source of the image:
    the www.
    USMC Ka-Bar

Maybe ? ...
    Some more informations regarding such knives ? ...

Thx., in advance,
    R.

I still carry a ka-bar as do a few other Marines but since it’s not issued most don’t because you have to buy it. And even though it’s just the plain old fashioned ka-bar the new ones are $60

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    I still carry a ka-bar as do a few other Marines but since it’s not issued most don’t because you have to buy it. And even though it’s just the plain old fashioned ka-bar the new ones are $60
    Here´s a new one:
    USMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-Bar

There´re images showin´ US Soldiers wearin´ such "modern" Ka-Bar´s in current war zones.

Weeks ago I received a bunch of bayonets.
    Among of all of these stuff this knife in really poor condition.

The blade is marked with:
    KA-BAR
    OLEAN, N.Y.

USMC

blade lenght: ca. 176 mm
    overall lenght: ca. 304 mm
    thickness of the blade: 4,3 mm
    width of the blade: 31,6 mm

The press button ist marked with:
    RAU F. CO
    PROV. R.I.

USMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-Bar

The same knife after cleaning only with warm water:
    USMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-BarUSMC Ka-Bar

Here is mine getting rough after many years of use. Not a commemorative just a plain modern manufactured one. I had the box but I can’t find it right now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC Ka-Bar   USMC Ka-Bar  

USMC Ka-Bar   USMC Ka-Bar  

USMC Ka-Bar   USMC Ka-Bar  

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    Here is mine getting rough after many years of use. Not a commemorative just a plain modern manufactured one. I had the box but I can’t find it right now.
    Thanks for the pictures of your knife.
    Did you carry this knife yourself in action, or did you use it privately as an outdoor knife?
    If you carried the knife in action, in which unit and where did you serve?
    Such, privately procured knives were therefore officially tolerated.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast