Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very nice condition French 1874 dated Chassepot Sword Bayonet.

Article about: Paula the wife picked up this on her last shopping trip into our local town. This is so far the best condition Chassepot I have seen and both bayonet and scabbard are matching which is very

Default Very nice condition French 1874 dated Chassepot Sword Bayonet.

Paula the wife picked up this on her last shopping trip into our local town. This is so far the best condition Chassepot I have seen and both bayonet and scabbard are matching which is very nice. What do you think? and how much would you have paid for this??Attachment 891846Attachment 891847Attachment 891848Attachment 891849Attachment 891850Attachment 891851Attachment 891852Attachment 891853

It's in lovely condition!

Much better than my example.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

?

Hi!
    Condition is very good for collection.
    Price everywhere different.
    I think - $150 ( + - 10%).

Nicest one I've seen in awhile ! Matching is always a bonus.
    Agree with above estimate.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Very good condition and matching. As mentioned above, prices vary in different parts of the world. I paid $175 AUD for mine a couple of years ago and yours is in better nick.

Alex

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Very good condition and matching. As mentioned above, prices vary in different parts of the world. I paid $175 AUD for mine a couple of years ago and yours is in better nick.

Alex
    At least in Australia, a matching numbers example in this condition is not a very common find, I would happily pay 250 AUD.

Quote by christek View Post
    At least in Australia, a matching numbers example in this condition is not a very common find, I would happily pay 250 AUD.
    The wife picked this one up for £90 which I was well pleased with. Years ago as a young lad I bought one for with Xmas money for £20!!! ahhh those were the days eh guys!

Made in Saint Etienne, the factory where we send weapons if we want they are dea!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/