Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wazzit??

Article about: Interesting and (perhaps) extremaly rare item.. It is listed in russian Mossin-bayonets book as "unknown experimental bayonet to Mossin rifle from 1WW" and that is all.. Does anybo

?

Default Wazzit??

Interesting and (perhaps) extremaly rare item..

It is listed in russian Mossin-bayonets book as "unknown experimental bayonet to Mossin rifle from 1WW" and that is all..

Does anybody know more?

Wazzit??Wazzit??Wazzit??Wazzit??Wazzit??Wazzit??Wazzit??Wazzit??Wazzit??Wazzit??

?

The length of this bayo is 505mm and it is quite a heavy as well - because contains a lot of steel..

If fixed to the Mossin rifle it stays right to the barrel..
    Last edited by Bruno; 10-30-2015 at 08:22 AM.

I think a simple handmade bayonet made by an armorer.

?

Quote by GoodOldGermany View Post
    I think a simple handmade bayonet made by an armorer.
    Not possible, beause there are several of those find, all identical..

I made these pictures miself and you can believe me - it is productional example (not hand-made)..

Quote by Bruno View Post
    Interesting and (perhaps) extremaly rare item..

It is listed in russian Mossin-bayonets book as "unknown experimental bayonet to Mossin rifle from 1WW" and that is all..

Hi !

What´s the title of the book ?

Some parts remember me to an Mannlicher M95 Ersatz Bajonett, the rest is, (IMHO), "Bubba made" ...

There´re too many books outthere with too many items, never existed as described ...

P.S.:
    May I use your images to ask for this particular pattern bayonet elsewhere ?

?

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Hi !

What´s the title of the book ?

Some parts remember me to an Mannlicher M95 Ersatz Bajonett, the rest is, (IMHO), "Bubba made" ...

There´re too many books outthere with too many items, never existed as described ...

P.S.:
    May I use your images to ask for this particular pattern bayonet elsewhere ?
    No problems with using my photos - I am interested to find out the origins of this item.

Title of book I mentioned + page with explanation of this bayo are added.

One more fact - price level to this item is (as minimum) 500-1000EUR and there is a lot of interested in - don´t think that expert people from different countries are ready to pay such a money for some fantasy piece..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wazzit??   Wazzit??  

Quote by Bruno View Post
    No problems with using my photos - I am interested to find out the origins of this item.

Title of book I mentioned + page with explanation of this bayo are added.

Thx. a lot !
    When the book was printed, (published) ?

?

Hello Bruno, in the book are some errors but not so bad, it was printed this year 2015. the bayonet is there as unknown not as experimental, country of origin is too unknown. This bayonet is similar to russian ersatz bayonets for Mosin M91 made from Berdan bayonets blades in the front part, but here is the blade other made inspired in construction by austrian ersatz bayonets.b.r.Andy
    PS some points to this construction why is there a spring riveted to lower part, when the spring is not functionable?
    PS2 added later - it looks as discussed on various forums already the piece is folding where the blade is locked with the flat spring pivot probably, do You have the bayonet, could You provide more info, dimmensions, its possible to lock on a Mosin 91 rifle? Thanks for help on this interesting piece.
    Last edited by AndyB; 10-30-2015 at 07:58 PM.

?

Case solved - thanks to the russian forum sammler.ru

This is a 1WW era russian wartime production for the Mossin carbine m1907 (look at the picture).

Untill the war that carbine did not have bayonet at all (it was not possible to fix regular russian socket to this rifle). If war started, it was quickly realized the needing of bayonet and uncertain number of these bayonets were produced in Tula armoury..

Process of fixation is unusual: soldier has to remove upper ring from his carbine, then fix the bayonet´s lower ring instead by help of skrewdriver.. rather solid process for several minutes so.
    Length of carbine was 101,6cm, together with that bayonet fixed ca 138cm (as I counted).

Extremaly rare item - even if russians today know what bayonet it is and have also found technical data about this from Tula archives, there is only couple of examples shown so far.. I was also given some information, that one russian expert is preparing a new book about russian 1WW bayonets and story of this type of bayonet (with all the data) will be explained in this book for first time..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wazzit??  

?

Thanks for info, personally i mean this would be possible only on reworked carbines!!, so butt must be other lenght as on M1907 carbines here pictured, as there is no possible to attach the bayonet, it would be nice to confirm this opinion, anyway the design was fluences by Kabakov 1915 and austrian ersatz bayonets, so only datable post 1915. By Tula production i would assume there is a hammer stamp anywhere.b.r.Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast