Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Weimar marked Bavarian s98/05 butcher bayonet

Article about: Hello everyone My knowledge of german bayonets isn't as good as I would like but I believe this is a s98/05 nA bayonet which was manufactured in 1918 at Fichtel & Sachs in Bavaria and wa

?

Default Weimar marked Bavarian s98/05 butcher bayonet

Hello everyone

My knowledge of german bayonets isn't as good as I would like but I believe this is a s98/05 nA bayonet which was manufactured in 1918 at Fichtel & Sachs in Bavaria and was used and blued post WW1 by the Weimar Republic. Does anyone recognise the inspectors marks on the scabbard?

Any comments welcome.

Alex
    Weimar marked Bavarian s98/05 butcher bayonetWeimar marked Bavarian s98/05 butcher bayonetWeimar marked Bavarian s98/05 butcher bayonetWeimar marked Bavarian s98/05 butcher bayonetWeimar marked Bavarian s98/05 butcher bayonetWeimar marked Bavarian s98/05 butcher bayonetWeimar marked Bavarian s98/05 butcher bayonet

Hello,

yes, this is a Seitengewehr 98/05 n.A. used after 1918 in the WR (Rechswehr or Police)

The bluing and other fittings were chanced between 1932 and 1937.

The Wehrmacht-Heer and the Police used this bayontes also in WW2. The Luftwaffe reissued the S98/05 in 1942.

?

Thanks for the reply Sleepwalker.

So the bluing wasn't done by the Weimar and actually indicates Third Reich issue - good info.

I can see that the rivet in the handle closest to the cross guard has been changed, can you see anything else?

Thanks

Alex

Hallo,

the bluing were done since 1932 up to the middel of the war. So the modification started in the Weimar time. But in the most cases, without any accaptance or other markings, in wiich year the modification was done.

No the rivet wasen´t chanced. On the other site the were a unit marking, wich were removed after 1932 by grinding (you can see the trades). Because of the former stamps the rivet were pressed out.

Regrads