Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

What kind of bayonet is this!!!

Article about: The blade is also not sharp at all it looks like its never been sharpened so that also why it might be a dress bayonet. - Nick K

Default Re: What kind of bayonet is this!!!

I think i dont have a metric ruler but its probably that. - Nick K

Andy is right on it is a Belgian export bayonet and will fit a variety of rifles I have several myself. Tha fact that it is not sharpened is also correct as bayonets are not supposed to have a sharp edge.(thats what your knife is for) You only find edges on some Japanese and Engish bayonets.(again for the most part). Sharpening only kills the value for the collector. As for price check ebay for belgian export bayonets I would rate this one as good to low very good
    Carl

ahh no this looks exactly like my steyr mp34 bayonet same grip and scabbard i would say you still have something worth a lot because it took me 3 years to find one.
    tom

?

I would almost garauntee its not worth much. It looks like it is a Yugoslavian M1924 bayonet. they sell on ebay for $20. I could be wrong, but feel pretty positive about it. Def not a dress bayo. Even combat bayonets are not sharpened when coming from the factory. a k98 combat bayo has an edge that is dull as hell. its the point at the tip of the blade that is the business end. If you find a combat bayo sharpened, it was done by someone other than the factory.

?

yugo m24
    Attached Images Attached Images What kind of bayonet is this!!! 

The mp34 bayonet has 2 rivets though the cross guard as I recall. Just google it

here is a picture of mp34 look quite similar i suppose but may be a yugo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of bayonet is this!!!  

?

haha its very close tom. tough call huh? I used to have a Yugo Model 48 that looked like this, which is a close call too. these unmarked bayonets are tough because so many countries used em too. Heres a pic of a yugo 48 just for comparison (different from first yugo bayo posted by me). These dont always have blued blades either
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of bayonet is this!!!  

this seems to be getting harder and harder to work out one bayo from another
    tom

?

It's looks like CS M1924, Brazilian contract as wellI , but in that case it has to have Czechoslovakian marks on it.

Hi Andy, I'm sure you are right it's Belgian (hard to tell what country for) .
    Last edited by ph3s; 03-16-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3