Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Who has Yataghan bayonets?

Article about: Not much going on in the bayonet world here lately, so I thought I would try and get something started. I have several and thought I would start off with one of the most common of the yatagh

?

Default Who has Yataghan bayonets?

Not much going on in the bayonet world here lately, so I thought I would try and get something started. I have several and thought I would start off with one of the most common of the yataghan style blades, the 1866 Chassepot. This one is made by the St. Etienne arsenal in 1872 and is numbers matching.

The yatagahn styled bayonets are one of the coolest designs used by many countries for many years. It is one of those bayonets that everyone wants to pick up and check it out. Lets see what all the rest of you have.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who has Yataghan bayonets?   Who has Yataghan bayonets?  

?

Many imported to the US during the American civil war. Usually German made with Belgian crown stamp included.

?

I have a M1886 Chassepot and a Danish M1867 1st model for the Remington rolling block.
    I really need to use my son's Digi camera and get some pic's posted of all the stuff I keep saying I have!!!
    I thought the Yataghan blade was Bad Ass until I got my 1914 Swiss pioneer bayonet.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

My one and only Yataghan bayonet, a matching numbered Mde. 1866 Chassepot also made at St Etienne in October 1872. I did have another unmatched one which I sold about a year ago. They seem to be going up in value and are getting harder to find in good matching condition. I would like to get my hands on a British Yataghan but I haven't found one for the right price.

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who has Yataghan bayonets?  

?

French,French-German reissue,Austrian and Dutch. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who has Yataghan bayonets?  
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Good start, lets keep it rolling!

Rich, does your German re-issue have any modifications, other than the frog stud and is it marked to a Landwehr unit?

Jim

French 1842

?

Bayonet-95 L.II.3.144
    Scabbard-55 L.II.3.102
    No other modifications. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Thanks Rich! There seem to be alot of Landwehr marked 1866's. In case you didn't already know, it translates to Landwehr infantry regiment 95(and 55) 2nd battalion, 3rd company, weapons 144 and 102.

Jim

?

This is the only one I have kept. American Civil War used Kirshbaum made bayonet with Belgium crown on flip side. Pictures are not very good.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who has Yataghan bayonets?   Who has Yataghan bayonets?  

Who has Yataghan bayonets?   Who has Yataghan bayonets?  

?

Hey Steve,
    That is a great looking bayonets. I can't tell if it is the angle of the photo but the blade on that one looks very long.
    How long is the blade on it?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast