Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Dutch Fighting Knife

Article about: This is my WW1 Dutch Fighting Knife. It was introduced in 1915 and continued in service during WW2. Many of these knives were used by the German Army when they occupied Holland. I think this

Default WW1 Dutch Fighting Knife

This is my WW1 Dutch Fighting Knife.
    It was introduced in 1915 and continued in service during WW2.
    Many of these knives were used by the German Army when they occupied Holland.
    I think this is one of the more beautiful looking fighting knives around and are becoming highly collectable.

I have just sold my other one and it fetched good money.

These were relatively cheap a few years ago but seem to have jumped up in value.
    Hope you like the photos Eric.

Regards

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Dutch Fighting Knife   WW1 Dutch Fighting Knife  

WW1 Dutch Fighting Knife   WW1 Dutch Fighting Knife  

Default Re: WW1 Dutch Fighting Knife

Beautyful, Jim !

Thx. for showing !

One folk told me, that he bought one "Stormdolk" in an "US Army-Shop" in Germany yrs. ago !

WW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting Knife

Hi !

Received this one today, (wasn´t cheap ! ...), and they´re really not that easy to catch these day´s ...

This Stormdolk is heavilly worn but I love to get knives in this "been there, done that - condition" !

BTW, some interesting sites:
    [105] Stormdolk M1917
    Jager 1939-1940: stormdolk

Rgds.,

R.

WW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting KnifeWW1 Dutch Fighting Knife

Here´s an other Stormdolk, (this pattern knives were manufactured in 1917 and 1918), I received yrs. ago.

After the occupation of the Netherlands the Wehrmacht captured large stocks of this knives and used this pattern fighting knife as "Dolch 115(h)".

Rumor´s say, the "Division z.b.V. 800" was equipped with this dutch pattern fighting knife.
    But, also in the Kriegsmarine this dutch kife was in use and IMO also otherwhere in the Wehrmacht the Dolch 115(h) was in use.

BTW, large stocks of this knife were found in Norway after the capitulation of the Wehrmacht.

Abmessungen:

Gesamtlänge: 34 cm
    Klingenlänge: 20,8 cm
    Klingenbreite: 22,6 mm
    Klingenstärke: 4,5 mm
    Last edited by Reibert; 09-06-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Very nice daggers, gents....................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hell Jim and others,

First of all..... Shame on me!!!!!!!
    It took this long (3months...) for me to see your nice pictures of the even nicer stormdolk!
    I have three scabbard variations,
    One early matching numbered one without the retaining strap on the scabbard (this is as they were first made and most were upgraded by adding the strap) this is why these are harder to find.
    One matching one with the strap added.
    One Marine example made out of left over Army daggers which were renumberd in special marine scabbard with wider loop and brass hardware and brass number plate on the back.
    It is to dark to make some detailed photo's so this is the best I can do for now.
    Hope you can forgive me :-)

All the best, Eric

These are just great looking knives for some reason!

Quote by andundiek View Post
    ... I have three scabbard variations,
    One early matching numbered one without the retaining strap on the scabbard (this is as they were first made and most were upgraded by adding the strap) this is why these are harder to find.
    One matching one with the strap added.
    One Marine example made out of left over Army daggers which were renumberd in special marine scabbard with wider loop and brass hardware and brass number plate on the back.
    [105] Stormdolk M1917

"cigarette break"

Here a "Dolch 115(h)" "in German service" ...
    On this photo you can see a member of the Waffen-SS, who is equipped with a "Stormdolk".

WW1 Dutch Fighting Knife