Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab Etch

Article about: Hi Guys, never had one of these before. Stag Handle, Etched with what appears to be soldier stabbing another in back. Any Info possible maker, etc would be fantastic? Sadly the condition is

Default WW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab Etch

Hi Guys, never had one of these before.
    Stag Handle, Etched with what appears to be soldier stabbing another in back.
    Any Info possible maker, etc would be fantastic?
    Sadly the condition is not what I would have wished

Thanks!!!
    Bill
    WW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab EtchWW1 German Stag handle "My lifesaver" Trench knife Soldier Stab Etch

Excellent Score, a Privately Purchased Combat Knife marketed as "My Lifesaver"...and complete w/scabbard...Well done, friend!
    First one I've ever seen...
    cheers, Glenn

Thats a nice one! Thanks for showing.

Mart

a bit salty but still nice.

Greetings Bill,

Your knife was made by the Anton Wingen JR. The company made several variants of stag handled knives with several patriotic motifs. Their most prevalent model had “Deutsche Brummer” on the blade (Google that term & you can view those examples). The interesting thing with these knives is the company continued to make them in the 30’s & 40’s and they even made several commemorative versions in 1984 & 1985. However, the company went out of business in 1997. Below, is the “deluxe” version of your knife. And here's a link (in German) on more about these knives: Suche Info: Nicker "Deutscher Brummer"

V/r Lance

Double click on images to enlarge.

The 1984 version:

V/r Lance,
    Thank you so much you are why this Forum is the best!!!

Bill

Nice find, congrats