Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Japanese Arisaka?? Bayonet Close, but no cigar! Please help

Article about: Well, if it is a copy, it is a VERY old copy. The rust on the blade has been there for a long time and the wood is in really bad shape. I guess this would have been a copy during WWII or som

Default WWII Japanese Arisaka?? Bayonet Close, but no cigar! Please help

I bought this at an estate auction thinking it was a Japanese Arisaka bayonet. I have 2 Arisaka rifles, and one bayonet, so I was hoping this would fit the other rifle. BUT...it is odd. There is no mark on the blade. The blade is thinner than my other bayo. There is a number and Japanese characters stamped into the hilt? part where it attaches to the gun. It will NOT fit on the Arisaka attaching piece on the gun...see picture of back of both bayonets. The one on the left is my other one. The one on the right is this new one---close, but different sizes. ANY ideas what rifle this will fit?? The blade is 14 1/2" long with an overall length of 19". Thanks!

Bill
    WWII Japanese Arisaka??  Bayonet Close, but no cigar!  Please helpWWII Japanese Arisaka??  Bayonet Close, but no cigar!  Please helpWWII Japanese Arisaka??  Bayonet Close, but no cigar!  Please helpWWII Japanese Arisaka??  Bayonet Close, but no cigar!  Please helpWWII Japanese Arisaka??  Bayonet Close, but no cigar!  Please helpWWII Japanese Arisaka??  Bayonet Close, but no cigar!  Please helpWWII Japanese Arisaka??  Bayonet Close, but no cigar!  Please helpWWII Japanese Arisaka??  Bayonet Close, but no cigar!  Please helpWWII Japanese Arisaka??  Bayonet Close, but no cigar!  Please help

?

Default Re: WWII Japanese Arisaka?? Bayonet Close, but no cigar! Please help

It could be a training rifle bayonet?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

It could be fake

I'm not familiar with training bayonets. Would they be for different guns (not the Arisaka)? As far as it being fake...no way. This is too beat up and not in very good condition. If someone was going to make a fake, they would not make it like this. The blade has a bend in it, the wood handle is cracked, it is rusting, etc etc.

I just checked my training Ariska and the bayonet lug is the same size as my other rifle and carbine too. The only difference is the training one has no magazine well and no rifeling in the barrel. The bayonet may be for a WWI or earlier rifle?

Burt

Do you have any ideas of rifles from WWI or earlier that the Japanese used? I'm assuming it is a Japanese bayonet because of the characters stamped on the end. I guess it could be Chinese?? Just trying to figure this one out!

Japanese training bayonets are dull without a sharpened edge. With the straight crossguard and poorly made handle, it is possibly a very late war production piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

This one is sharp. Don't know WHEN it was sharpened, but it definately is not dull! Also, from the research I have done...I thought late war bayonets did not have the blood groove? All the ones I saw were just the blade and they also did not have the "bird" shaped pommel.... I could for sure be wrong as I am by no means an expert, but that is what I've seen on the internet. Even if it was late war, shouldn't it still fit my Arisaka? The groove (not sure what it's called) is a different size from the other Arisaka bayonet I have (the one that does fit). thanks

?

When real it could be a chinese copy of Arisaka bayonet.

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    When real it could be a chinese copy of Arisaka bayonet.

That would be my assumption too - a chinese copy of arisaka bayo for chinese mauser rifle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast