Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yugoslavian fighting knife.

Article about: I want to show you a yugoslavian fighting knife from 1950s. The knife itself is the copy of the world war 2 used soviet NR40recon knife, but in this case, the yugoslavian copy has a way bett

Default Yugoslavian fighting knife.

I want to show you a yugoslavian fighting knife from 1950s.
    The knife itself is the copy of the world war 2 used soviet NR40recon knife, but in this case, the yugoslavian copy has a way better quality.
    There are several stamps on blade, sheath,hanger,and on the grip, see photos.
    Due to the fact, that this is a rare knife, unfortunatelly i dont know too much about it, there arent any informations on internet, so lets discuss it here

BR

VV
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yugoslavian fighting knife.   Yugoslavian fighting knife.  

Yugoslavian fighting knife.   Yugoslavian fighting knife.  

Yugoslavian fighting knife.   Yugoslavian fighting knife.  

Default Re: Yugoslavian fighting knife.

Nice. Very similar in appearance to the Bundeswehr 'Fahrtenmesser'.......
    Regards,

Steve.

Yugoslavian fighting knife.Yugoslavian fighting knife.Yugoslavian fighting knife.
    Quote by VocelkaV View Post
    I want to show you a yugoslavian fighting knife from 1950s.
    The knife itself is the copy of the world war 2 used soviet NR40recon knife ...
    Here´s the „NR 40“,
    (нож разведчика = nozh razvedchika)

Made by "ZIK": Златоустовский инструментальный комбинат
    имени Ленина, (Zlatoustovskij Instrumentalnij Kombinat, Imeni Lenina, Zlatoust, Cheliabinsk region).

Sorry for bringing up old topic but since nobody answered about it..

This is M51 fighting knife used in JNA by paratrooper and diversion units.

Hello, mates !

What do you think is the current value of such knife in good condition ?

Thx. in advance,

R.

Yugoslavian fighting knife.Yugoslavian fighting knife.

Here´s another one, sadly not mine ...
    It´s the knife of a collectors mate and I do have his permission to show the images.

Best regards,

R.

Yugoslavian fighting knife.Yugoslavian fighting knife.Yugoslavian fighting knife.Yugoslavian fighting knife.Yugoslavian fighting knife.Yugoslavian fighting knife.Yugoslavian fighting knife.Yugoslavian fighting knife.

Hi !

Weeks ago I bought this, heavy used, yugoslav 1951 pattern combat knive.

The seller was a, former, member of an bosnian recon unit in the yugo civil war.

As far as I know the No. 69 stands for Military workshop No.69, Zagreb, Croatia

Hi, I'm refreshing - days ago i bought this one:

Sorry for the late reply, I was out for a few months, have seen one or two knives in the last year like biopago has presented, are these arsenal surplus knives, because they are in perfect shape,does anyone know about this.

By the way, congrats for this knife, this type is one of my favourite

To contribute to this topic...

In the book "Hladno oružje Srbije, Crne Gore i Jugoslavije 19-20 vek" (Melee /cold (steel) weapons of Serbia, Montenegro and Yugoslavia 19th-20th century) by Branko Bogdanović, you can find this lovely illustration (page 143):

Yugoslavian fighting knife. Yugoslavian fighting knife.

And on pages 48-49 the text says that after WW2, hand to hand combat got special attention and was under Soviet influence. At the beginning of the 1960s, the Army got a new homemade knife (kama) M.1951 (j), based on the Soviet army knife (NR)40.
    The price of a single M51 knife was 25 dinara (cca 7 DEM), according to a price list from 1.7.1970.
    It was meant for the soldiers (fighters) belonging to scout, saboteur and paratrooper units.
    Its fiery baptism was 4 decades after being made (by then regarded as old, and mostly given to units of the Territorial defense - Teritorijjalna obrana /TO/), in the hands of the enemy of the Yugoslav People's Army (JNA).
    During a brief conflict (The Ten-Day War), in June 1991, the Territorial defense issued this knife to all soldiers/fighter who were issued the M56 submachine gun - because of lack of M56 bayonets

The last paragraph mentions a navy knife with a braid for the knife ("nož mornarski sa gajtanom za nož") and a brief description.

*I added some information purely for a better understanding and context. All of this can be verified in the book.

Yugoslavian fighting knife. Yugoslavian fighting knife.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I thought more info could be useful for other collectors.

Kind regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast