Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

1957 german award owners

Article about: Hi I am new this this fourm and I would to share with you in collecting the 1957 issue medals. I have about 98 % of all the the 1957 issue medals. Also I wrote a book on the 1957 medels. All

Default Re: 1957 german award owners

A group shot of Knights Cross holders from A 50 year commerative OdR (Ordensgemeinschaft der Ritterkreuzträger des Eisernen Kreuzes e.V. The Association of Knight's Cross Recipients) veteran meeting......click on photo to enlarge. For more information on the RK see here Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 german award owners  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 german award owners
    P
    Many

Another.......an Army Major, Knights Cross holder Kurt Prinz of the Pioneers.....seems to of been a busy lad ! see here Kurt Prinz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and here also World War 2 Awards.com - PRINZ, Kurt strange how none of these articles mentions BW service.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 german award owners   1957 german award owners  

Another Spanish Blue Division veteran........and a nice wartime photo of his fellow soldats ! some Civil War veterans amongst them......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 german award owners  
    Attached Images Attached Images 1957 german award owners 
    Last edited by oradour; 06-03-2013 at 10:48 PM.

very nice thread... well done!

more Blue Division vets...note the EK & Ost medals ! note too they are not 57er spec, either Spanish made with swastika...or originals mounted the "Spanish way".
    source:- Fotografías-Fotos de Veteranos :: memoriablau
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 german award owners   1957 german award owners  

Another vet with wartime and 57er awards on display.....LW Oberst Johannes Wiese.
    Prost ! Steve.

Although I have no photo' s to contribute, my thanks to all who have a very interesting and informative thread.

This images of Ludwig Bauer were shown on the first page of this thread...but here they are again with the 57er awards shown more clearly, enjoy................clearly shows his RK to be a second core version (frame type can not be discerned, but probably a "C" frame) .....it is however known that he has a first core "B" frame version as well !
    Prost ! Steve.

Heres a veteran wearing his "Pour le Merite" .........Oberstleutnant Heinrich Brinkord (1882-1965). Here is a link to the sale page on a well known German dealers site/auction, which gives more information on him and shows his actual awards, which sold for a measly 38500 Euro Hermann Historica - Internationales Auktionshaus fr Antiken, Alte Waffen, Orden und Ehrenzeichen, Historische Sammlungsstcke Brinkords Pour le Merite is an original, but during the 1950's a post war version was made for veterans by St u L which ran side by side with there early 57er production.....although not a 57er award, they are considered to be the real thing, I show a photo of the post WW2 St u L versions owned by some well known holders, including Ernst Junger.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1957 german award owners 

Two unknown RK wearers at an OdR meeting 1990.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast