MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1957 Knights Cross

Article about: Another recent addition. This makes #3! And a huge,sincere "Thank you!" to moderator "oradour" (aka Steve) for all of his generous assistance with acquiring my three cros

Default 1957 Knights Cross

Another recent addition. This makes #3!

And a huge,sincere "Thank you!" to moderator "oradour" (aka Steve) for all of his generous assistance with acquiring my three crosses, one of which came from him. His knowledge of 1957 awards is impressive, to say the least. Thank you, Steve!

1957 Knights Cross
    1957 Knights Cross
    1957 Knights Cross
    1957 Knights Cross
    1957 Knights Cross
    1957 Knights Cross

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Knights Cross
    P
    Many

Todd, a lovely "C" frame second core RK ! Super condition, and has a fully drilled out eye ! a bonus and a rarity ! and with period ribbon.......
    Three ! C'mon, lets have a group shot Todd !
    Prost ! Steve.

Very nice!

What time frame does a 2nd core C-frame sit?

Glenn, from around 1960 on, there are hybrids from around that time, when St u L were using up old parts, i.e. a "C" frame with a first core, and I am sure the "B" and "C" frame production ran together at that point (for a very short time) until the parts bin (stamped "B" frames) ran dry .....I have such a cross in my collection.
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks Steve and Glenn. I was going to do a group shot today but the rain moved in so I was not able to get the pics taken. Hopefully in the morning I can and will post them.

Now I need a first pattern core.

Thanks Steve!

As I am a bit of a thicko regarding my own example, can you advise if I have here a B or C frame please?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Knights Cross  

?

Join the club Glenn I get confused too!!! & I haven't even got a RK 57 yet!!. Also Todd that group shot is a must. I'm likng this one but all 3 together will look top dollar!!. Cheers Terry.

Glenn, yours looks like a "B" frame, but to confirm can you provide a better image (no glare) of the frame and suspension eye....if the eye dips into the frame its a "C"......... if it sits on top it is a "B" !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    C'mon, lets have a group shot Todd !
    I'm posting a group photo in a new thread for my minute 57'er collection

1957 KC Group Shot

Sorry, this shot is quite glary too (damn these minty awards! ) But it does appear that the ring is not 'dipping'?

1957 Knights Cross

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast