Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1957er EK1 and ribbon bar

Article about: I think I might just be acquiring a taste for 1957er decorations: Having recently purchased a Deutsches Kreuz in Gold grouping (see: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bundes...ouping-186863/ ),

Default 1957er EK1 and ribbon bar

I think I might just be acquiring a taste for 1957er decorations: Having recently purchased a Deutsches Kreuz in Gold grouping (see: 57er Deutsches Kreuz in Gold grouping ), I decided to complement it with a 1957-pattern Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse.

Here's what I went for; unless I am much mistaken, this cross is a good, early S&L piece. It features multiple-piece construction, a magnetic core, polished borders, a solid hingeblock and shows some wear:

I also found an early EK1/EK2 ribbon bar to go with it it. (It was purchased from a different source and is not connected in any way to the above item) The bar is of very nice quality; note the fine detail to the EK1 miniature device as well as the fine stitching affixing the red backing. (Although the latter is admittedly a bit hard to make out in the photograph.)

(Opinions are, of course, welcome.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957er EK1 and ribbon bar
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1957er EK1 and ribbon bar

Good early S&L, Andreas! Well done.

Can you take a pic of the area under the catch, I think yours has the 'o' mark.

Regards

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Can you take a pic of the area under the catch, I think yours has the 'o' mark.
    Here's the close-up:

"Here's what I went for; unless I am much mistaken, this cross is a good, early S&L piece. It features multiple-piece construction, a magnetic core, polished borders, a solid hingeblock"

and of course a nice frosted frame ! Andreas...a super IMO early 1960's EK I ! indeed a St u L piece....welcome to the small band of 57er's here on WRF
    The "O" is a mark seen on 1960 pieces on St u L made pieces...and is indicative of a quality made award...a nice bar as well.
    Prost ! Steve.