MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1957er Luftwaffendoppelabzeichen

Article about: Here is the most recent addition to my growing family of 1957er Luftwaffe flight badges: Das gemeinsame Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen [The combined Pilot- and Observer Badge] or Lu

Default 1957er Luftwaffendoppelabzeichen

Here is the most recent addition to my growing family of 1957er Luftwaffe flight badges: Das gemeinsame Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen [The Combined Pilot- and Observer Badge] or Luftwaffendoppelabzeichen [Luftwaffe Dual Badge] for short.

Instituted on 26 March 1936, the Luftwaffendoppelabzeichen was awarded to Luftwaffe personnel on active flight status who were fully qualified as both a pilot and an observer.

To qualify for the badge, an aviator had to have held both licenses and must have held either one of the associated flight badges for no less than one year.

Here's the badge now; it's a Steinhauer & Lück piece from the later production period, but still of nice quality. It came with its case.

Obverse and reverse views:

Additional reverse view showing the hardware with the open hingeblock:

The case:

And a familiy picture, showing the badge together with my Pilots' and Observers' Badge*:

*) see:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bunde...eichen-366162/
    1957er Beobachterabzeichen

As always, all comments are welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957er Luftwaffendoppelabzeichen
    P
    Many

Super set! You have the advantage of collecting nice 57ers living in Germany. A very nice collection 😊

Now your making me regret not picking some up along the way! I could have gotten a minty cased German Cross Gold grade about 10 yrs ago. Now I regret not pulling the trigger 😔

?

Cool

I first began to find the 57r medals at flea markets in Germany. I regret not buying one of the first I found - it was a display case with at least a dozen different medals in it.
    I probably have 10 or 12 different, Heer, Lw u. Km. I also have the RK, IC1 u. 2 and Dk in gold, most of these are cased. Here are the only photos I could find quickly.
    Sarge