Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1957er ribbon bars

Article about: Here are the two most recent additions to the very small family of my 1957er ribbon bars. (I will also add any future ribbon bar purchases to this thread, rather than start individual ones.)

Default 1957er ribbon bars

Here are the two most recent additions to the very small family of my 1957er ribbon bars.

(I will also add any future ribbon bar purchases to this thread, rather than start individual ones.)

The first is a three-place ribbon bar mounted in the wartime style with the EKII, Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber and the Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Silber:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

The other one is a four-place ribbon bar, with the EKI, EKII, Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold and the Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

As always, all comments are welcome.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 10-03-2015 at 12:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957er ribbon bars
    P
    Many

Very Nice items!...

mpw
    ?

They are indeed very nice. Did the ribbon bars have the same production run as the 1957er awards? Also are they always red backed?

Mark.

Quote by mpw View Post
    They are indeed very nice. Did the ribbon bars have the same production run as the 1957er awards? Also are they always red backed?
    They were produced parallel to the full-sized versions. Red is by far the most common backing color, but other colors were used as well.

Nice acquisitions Andreas! Isn't the IAB a silber as well, which has worn down to the tombak beneath its finish?

Regards,
    Nick

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    Isn't the IAB a silber as well, which has worn down to the tombak beneath its finish?
    Yes; t's definitely silver, Nick. No idea why I wrote "bronze"... A temporary mental malfunction, it would seem. (I've fixed it now.)

Alright, it didn't take long for the first update to take place: Just arrived, here are two new additions. (Coincidentally, both illustrate the use of backing colors other than red, which was addressed above).

The first item is a four-place ribbon bar with the EK2, KVK2 mit Schwertern, Ostmedaille and the post-war version of the DRL-type Reichssportabzeichen in Bronze. It is backed with dark green cloth:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

The other one is a three-place sew-on ribbon bar with the EK2, Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz and the Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boot-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände. This bar is backed with navy-blue cloth:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

(On a related note, I came up with a new idea for displaying my ribbon bars: A simple display idea for ribbon bars )

All very nice additions.

Regards

Some nice 57er ribbon bars there Andreas ! I especially like the smaller three medal ribbon bars
    Prost ! Steve.

The latest addition is this five-place ribbon bar for an Eastern Front veteran of the Luftwaffe.

The Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz, Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe and Ostmedaille are joined by two Romanian decorations.

The first is the Medalia pentru bărbăţie şi credinţă [Medal for Hardihood and Loyalty, known in German as the Medaille für Mannhaftigkeit und Treue].

The other is the Medalia comemorativa Cruciada Impotriva Comunismului [Commemorative Medal for the Crusade against Communism, in German Erinnerungsmedaille an den Kreuzzug gegen den Kommunismus].

Large numbers of these two decorations were awarded to German personnel:

1957er ribbon bars

1957er ribbon bars

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast